Author Topic: Help with Marriage/Death lookups for Penryn/Falmouth Please  (Read 935 times)

Offline Chris41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help with Marriage/Death lookups for Penryn/Falmouth Please
« on: Friday 07 October 05 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys

HELP!

I am trying to locate my grandfathers family.  He had three brothers all born late 1800's last seen in the 1901 census as children, then the trail stops.  I have found nothing for marriage or death on free BMD or LDS.

The details i have are:

Thomas Pellow born Penryn 1892
Frederick Pellow born Penryn 1895
William J Pellow born Penryn 1889

My Grandfather who i have traced is James Pellow born Penryn 1890.  He stayed local married a local girl and died in Penryn.  Their parents were John Henry Pellow and Jane Medlin again local people to Penryn lived and died there.

The entire family tree seems to have stayed in the Penryn and surrounding areas travelling only for work to surrounding villages.

Its a complete mystery - i must be missing something somewhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Does anyone know where i can check service records to see if they joined any of the forces and travelled not returning to Cornwall?

Any help at this stage would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Chris ;D

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Marriage/Death lookups for Penryn/Falmouth Please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 October 05 23:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

I am afraid you will need to search either pay per view at
http://www.1837online.com/Trace2web/LogonServlet
which would be expensive when you do not know when Deaths or marriages may have occured. I am afraid these answers are not likely to appear on FreeBMD unless they happened to die within a few years of the census. Given these boys DOB and where coverage currently ends on FreeBMD, I am afraid you will need to look to the entire GRO indexes. Perhaps you could visit your record centre or LDS library to search the later GRO indexes there.....Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk