Author Topic: Where are they buried?  (Read 5907 times)

Offline RBcabal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Where are they buried?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 August 06 16:22 BST (UK) »
hi
There are no records listed for either George Strathee or Elizabeth Stuart on the Morayshire Heritage Centre site at http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp but it might be worth yur while mailing them to see if they have some which might be offline.

Happy Hunting

Bill
Kelbie, Jamieson, Keith, Williamson, Cameron, Stewart, White/Whyte (Scottish Travelling Families)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 August 06 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Bill  :)
THanks for that lead, I will contact them to see what they might have hidden out the back  ;)
Much appreciated

Prue

Offline harrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 September 06 01:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,if you google Aberdeen Family History Society,they have a list of MIs from vrious kirkyards.Just click on the MI for quite a number of Aberdeenshire & the surrounding Parishes Kirkyards.You can search by persons name or the name of the Kirkyard,the whole of the inscription is not is given on the site but further info can be found in the booklets,obtainable from AFHS.  Joan.
Harrison,Spears,Stead,Garthwaite,Holiday/Holliday,Sharp/e,Smurthwaite,Hick/s,Bendelow,Foxton,Lund,Buttle,Longden,White......
Thirsk.Malton.Kirkbymoorside.York.Darlington,Home on Spalding Moor.Tockwith,Lincoln,Essex.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 28 September 06 09:50 BST (UK) »
There are no records listed for either George Strathee or Elizabeth Stuart on the Morayshire Heritage Centre site at http://libindx.moray.gov.uk/mainmenu.asp but it might be worth yur while mailing them to see if they have some which might be offline.

Highly unlikely because (a) all the MI information they collected is online and (b) the parish of Fordyce is not within the present boundaries of Moray, so they didn't do Fordyce or Portsoy anyway.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline harrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 28 September 06 11:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,   I have just taken a look at the site,& FORDYCE Kirkyard IS listed.   Joan.
Harrison,Spears,Stead,Garthwaite,Holiday/Holliday,Sharp/e,Smurthwaite,Hick/s,Bendelow,Foxton,Lund,Buttle,Longden,White......
Thirsk.Malton.Kirkbymoorside.York.Darlington,Home on Spalding Moor.Tockwith,Lincoln,Essex.

Offline Cairngorm

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 29 September 06 23:37 BST (UK) »
Hi,   I have just taken a look at the site,& FORDYCE Kirkyard IS listed.   Joan.

Fordyce MIs are listed in http://www.abdnet.co.uk/mi-index/ but not in http://www.moray.gov.uk/LocalHeritage/index.html which includes LIBINDX

Offline joette

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 03 October 06 17:20 BST (UK) »
Any links to the Strathdees/Dollas/Mckimmies of Bortrphinie?
Waddell-Perthshire,Dollar,Clydebank,Glasgow & USA.
Scott -Roxb,Midlothian.
McKimmies-Aberdeenshire,Banff,Morayshire,Niagara&NewJersey.Old Kilpatrick.
Lindley,Veitch-Canada.
Veitch-Peebles,Crawfordjohn,Midlothian.
Ross,Torrance,Brown,McDowall.
Greer/Simpson/Jenkins-Old Kilpatrick& Camelon Falkirk,Abbey/Neilston
Leitch-Abbey Parish.
Kerr/Carr.
Breakenridge/Liddell-Temple Midlothian.
Aitchison
Fraser/Barron/Coutts/Singer.
Waddell-USA after 1923.
McFarlanes-Midlothian/Australia.

Offline harrison

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 03 October 06 19:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Cairngorm, I am a little confused here,I did NOT say that Fordyce MIs were listed at the Moray site that you have mentioned,that was someone else!! I SAID.... that the Fordyce Kirkyard details could be found on the ABERDEEN FAMILY HISTORY SOCIETY site.  Joan.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 03 October 06 21:55 BST (UK) »
OK everyone let's stop squabbling!  ;) ;D ;D ;D

I have checked all the online indexes suggested, but have not found any Strathdees of interest (at least I don't recognise any of them yet).  I have joined the ANESFHS as I have alot of family from this area, and have put in a request with them to see if these Strathdees are buried at Portsoy - although if the records were destroyed as Forfarian mentions, it might be hard to find out unless there were MIs.

Hi Joette  :D
Any links to the Strathdees/Dollas/Mckimmies of Bortrphinie?
I do have Strathdees from Botriphnie, but I don't recognise the other surnames you mentioned.  George STRATHDEE, father of the William whose burial I am looking for, was born in Botriphnie and christened there in 1850, and married Jean LESLIE in Botriphnie in 1778.  William's parents, William STRATHDEE and Elizabeth KERR, married in Botriphnie in 1745.  Prior to that, I have tenuous evidence that the Strathdees were in Boharm, a neighbouring parish.

Thank you everyone for your interest and your help!
Prue  :)