Author Topic: Harman family of Middlesbrough  (Read 9205 times)

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
Re: Harman family of Middlesbrough
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 October 05 20:03 BST (UK) »
Try posting a message in the 'Look up requests' section of Rootschat north yorkshire.  Someone may be able to check that marriage to save you having to send for the certificate.
Teeside archives is a collection of records for the Teeside area (Middlesbrough/Stockton/Guisborough etc).  I think they have a web site but I don't know it's address.  Try a search - they may do look ups for a fee.
I'll keep looking (dog with a bone springs to mind) and if I come up with anything I'll let you know.  I wonder if Charles and Jack - the boys- went to live with their mother's family?? ::)

Susan
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Harrison - Northumberland
Rowland, Nicholson, Sneaton - Whitby
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline drnick

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
  • The coolest team on ice!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 26 October 05 22:20 BST (UK) »
What does dog with a bone mean?
RIP 1959-September 2013
Wingrove, Spice, Morley, Harman, Reynolds, Kelly, Ashley, Barton, Maddock, Pope, Galbreath, Lancebury, Pollard, Welham, Freeman, Barnard, Harrison, Hart, Ingrey, Wetherill, Stites

Offline drnick

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 October 05 22:41 BST (UK) »
Do you think it would be possible to find earlier census records of the Kellys to find out what part of Ireland they came from?
RIP 1959-September 2013
Wingrove, Spice, Morley, Harman, Reynolds, Kelly, Ashley, Barton, Maddock, Pope, Galbreath, Lancebury, Pollard, Welham, Freeman, Barnard, Harrison, Hart, Ingrey, Wetherill, Stites

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 27 October 05 08:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick
Have sent you an e-mail to the address you gave in an earlier post.
Hope it works!  The Kelly's would still have been in Ireland in 1871 (their son Michael born there) but I'll try and find them on the 1881.

Susan

PS  Dog with a bone - won't let it go!!!
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline drnick

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 27 October 05 20:42 BST (UK) »
I can't find the e-mail you sent before could you send it again
RIP 1959-September 2013

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 28 October 05 20:42 BST (UK) »
I found a record of a Charles Harman on free BMD who was born in Middlsbrough in Sept. quarter of 1896 vol. 9d page 616 who would be about the right age to be Charles's son. What do you think?

Looks like this little Charles died young:
June 1899 Deaths Middlesborough
Charles Harman age 2

+ the one living with his sisters in 1901 is down as single instead of widower  :(
Tanja
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 29 October 05 09:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick
I forawarded the cencus to you again.  If you don't get it this time I'll try sending it as an e-mail attachment
Susan
Fisher - Essex

Offline drnick

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 01:39 GMT (UK) »
Susan, I still didn't get the e-mail you sent me and I would really like to see what you found because I didn't have much luck getting someone to do a lookup for me at the Teeside archives

Thanks, Nick
RIP 1959-September 2013

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nick
Sent you an e-amil with an attachment this morning - hope you get it this time

Susan
Fisher - Essex