Author Topic: Harman family of Middlesbrough  (Read 9206 times)

Offline drnick

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
  • The coolest team on ice!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Harman family of Middlesbrough
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 08:26 GMT (UK) »
I got it last time I just couldn't open it I think you need to send it as a text file or something that I can get to open or just put it right on rootschat for all to see
RIP 1959-September 2013
Wingrove, Spice, Morley, Harman, Reynolds, Kelly, Ashley, Barton, Maddock, Pope, Galbreath, Lancebury, Pollard, Welham, Freeman, Barnard, Harrison, Hart, Ingrey, Wetherill, Stites

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 08:38 GMT (UK) »
I was hoping not to need to type it all out but here you go then:

35 Laing Street Eston  RG12/4016

Patrick Kelly  Head  M  37  bricklayer's labourer  Ireland
Mary Kelly  Wife M 42  Ireland
Michael Kelly  Son  S  17  Steelworks labourer  Ireland
Joseph Kelly son 15 steelworks labourer  Durham West Hartlepool
Kate (?) Kelly  daur. 14  Durham West Hartlepool
John Kelly  son  13  scholar  Durham West Hartlepool
Mary Kelly  daur  10 scholar  Yorkshire South Bank
Margaret Kelly  daur. 8  scholar Yorkshire Grangetown
Ann Kelly  daur.  5 scholar  Yorkshire Grangetown
James Kelly  son 3  Yorkshire Grangetown
Bridget Kelly  daur. 7months  Yorkshire Grangetown
Catherine Kelly  Mother  Widow  60  Ireland

S
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Harrison - Northumberland
Rowland, Nicholson, Sneaton - Whitby
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline drnick

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Sorry I didn't think you would have to type it out I thought you coud just copy and paste it. It's 4 in the moning here and I'm at work right now but I'll be home by 7 and I could have checked it then. Boy those Irish breed a lot they're almost as bad as the French. I know I married one. I wonder why Catherine is spelled Kate on there she is my g/grandmother and it looks like she was named after her grandmother. Do you think there is a way to find their home towns in Ireland since they don't give them. I thought you mentioned earlier that you may have found some other possibilites for Charles Harman. I know I'm asking a lot from you but I'm bored here at work. Just remember how much you love Canada
RIP 1959-September 2013
Wingrove, Spice, Morley, Harman, Reynolds, Kelly, Ashley, Barton, Maddock, Pope, Galbreath, Lancebury, Pollard, Welham, Freeman, Barnard, Harrison, Hart, Ingrey, Wetherill, Stites

Offline drnick

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 09:38 GMT (UK) »
It looks like I'm going to have to get the marriage license for Charles Harman and Mary Ann Ward and see if the ages and fathers names are consistant with his other marriage. Even if it is them I still don't understand what happened to the sons and why they can't be found on any census records. I have a feeling that  the Charles Harman that was posted on this site by Tanja  that died in 1899 aged 2 would have been his son.
RIP 1959-September 2013

Offline SooCatt

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Norman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Even if it is them I still don't understand what happened to the sons and why they can't be found on any census records.

No that's driving me mad too. :-\

I didn't realise that you hadn't got the Harman info I had sent either so I have pasted that to a word document and hopefully sent it to your e-mail.  Too much to post on here.

...and reminding me how much I love Canada won't necessarily help when I'm sat in a very grey North Yorkshire this morning.. ;)
Crampton, Cook,  Bell, Pinkney, Curry, Duffey, Marshall, Smurthwaite, Urwin - Durham/North Yorks
Harrison - Northumberland
Rowland, Nicholson, Sneaton - Whitby
Athey, Ball, Lamb, Handley, Rymer, Duffey, Pool, Stringer, Wilkinson, Varley - West Yorks
Fisher - Essex

Cencus information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline drnick

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 10:34 GMT (UK) »
the fall colors are beutiful this time of year
RIP 1959-September 2013

Offline Worcester

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for the information. We really appreciate your help.

Hi Nick. Granny was called Kate and her daughter (also Catherine) was called Kit. That is why I wasn't called Catherine. But I still get called Kath instead.

Offline Worcester

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 10:49 GMT (UK) »
My mother remembered her half brother called Charlie. He was still alive when she was a child, so wouldn't have died before Catherine and Charles married.

She told me that he died when another child threw a stone and it hit him on the head.

Offline drnick

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Uncle Norm told me he died of meningitis or spanish flu, I think, I'll check it when I get home
RIP 1959-September 2013