Author Topic: Court prosecution records  (Read 1430 times)

Offline pdadme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Court prosecution records
« on: Sunday 09 October 05 18:05 BST (UK) »
Hi
My great grandfather was William Henry MAYO (1875 - 1953). He lived in a large house in Malvern. He was amongst other things, an estate agent, and an auctioneer.
During the depression of the 1930s he was sent to prison for bad debts, and I wonder whether anyone knows how I can find details of the court case etc.?

Regards
Phil HOW

Offline Daisyroot

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Court prosecution records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 October 05 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil,
Maybe you have already tried this but i have just had a look on ..www.A2A.org.uk
If you put  "William Henry Mayo" in the search bit then it comes up with a gentleman by that name at The Manse in Malvern Wells..The records are held at the Dorset Record Office.Also,if you just put "Mayo" in the search and look at the Dorset records again then it comes up with something like 125 hits.This may be of no use whatsoever but i thought i would mention it just in case!I have spent hours on that site and it's been a great help(and an eye-opener!)Hope that helps..Julie..
All census information is Crown Copyright and from  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/<br /><br />

Offline pdadme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Court prosecution records
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 November 05 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks very much.
What an amazing site!!
I found loads of stuff about my great uncle Arthur Edmund MAYO, who was the managing director of Coventry Eagle Motorcycle Company. The company was founded by My gg grandfather Edmund MAYO, and I had found no info about them at all until now.
I see what you mean about spending hours there!!

Cheers
Phil HOW