Author Topic: AISTROPE in GARTHORPE  (Read 6225 times)

Offline Aistrop

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: AISTROPE in GARTHORPE
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 21 April 10 14:39 BST (UK) »
Ann many thanks for the contact. It would appear that we have common ancestors. My gt grandmother was Ellen Hare, sister to Fanny Hare. Yes I do have a copy of the wedding cert.they were married in St Peter's Scotter on 23rd Jan 1856. georges father was Thomas, from Broughton, I Believe. There are however several possibilities on this line.I know that brother, of Fanny and Ellen, Walter George died in Scotter at a young age and that Betsy the sister also died there later in life but have not been able to follow your line.I believe that George and Ellen moved to Broughton after Mary Anns death where he died in the early 1900s at WressleIt may interest you to know that Mary Ann was a school mistress at the time of her marriage and the village blacksmith was one of the witnesses. I have a little more info relating to the Hare side including a phot of Ellen in later life when she was living in Hyde and working as Police matron and housekeeper.I also have a copy of Ellens wedding cert.

Offline ANN N LINCS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 April 10 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for the info I am decended from Fanny's daughter Mary. Fanny married Henry David Lonsdale in 1880 and Mary was born in 1883 she married George Robinson in 1906 and my Grandma Frances Elizabeth was born in 1908.

She married my Grandad Robert Charles Spilman in 1929 and my Dad was born in 1930.

I will PM you for other info

Ann
RASPIN     in   N LINCS
LONSDALE in  N LINCS

Offline FayeleeDarkclaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 November 16 05:28 GMT (UK) »
Hey everyone my name is Sarah Aistrope i'm from Iowa. I'm trying to find more info on the Aistrope family line for my grandparents. I tried using the history site but didn't get very far. any info you can give me would be great! Just hoping to find more family then here in iowa.

Feel free to email me Fayelee_Darkclaw@yahoo.com