Author Topic: Terry Surname - Portsea  (Read 2705 times)

Offline SWEBB

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Terry Surname - Portsea
« on: Thursday 19 August 04 18:26 BST (UK) »
 :)
Hi

Dont know if anyone can help me at all, Im helping out an Uncle of mine and hes stuck so I said Id do what I could as he doesnt have a PC.. The following details I have Im just wondering whether you could elaborate on anything I have..

What I wish to find out is if Benjamin Terry b. Portsea 1786 who married Catherine Crawford (m.1802) had any brothers/sisters, I believe his parents were James Terry/Mary Brinton if Im right..I know this family is related to the actress Ellen Terry and he said she was in his family so Im do my best to find the link for him, and date wise it would be Benjamins brothers that would be the missing link I require.

Sorry to bore you if this doesnt apply to your side   

Regards
Sandra :D
Gaze,Flatman, Balls,Nichols,Graver,Gates -Norfolk

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Surname - Portsea
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 August 04 19:45 BST (UK) »
No siblings come up by using the IGI for Portsea St Marys.  There could be others baptised in other areas of Portsmouth.  I'll have a look around some other info later - supper could be overdone at this rate!!

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline SWEBB

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 August 04 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

Many Thanks for taking the time to reply..I know several of them were baptised St Thomas' if that means anything to you

Regards

Sandra
Gaze,Flatman, Balls,Nichols,Graver,Gates -Norfolk

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 August 04 21:13 BST (UK) »
Sandra,

I've tried St. Thomas - lots of Terry children baptised there but none apparently with the same parents as Benjamin.  However, I have found the burial of a James Terry in Portsea 19 Aug 1787, plus a Mary Terry in 1799 and 1802.  No ages given for any of them.  Also a burial 25 Sep 1829 of Benjamin Terry Portsmouth St. Thomas, age 53.  Do you have any further details or names?  Have you tried looking for any genealogical info on Ellen Terry to see if you can pick up on a familiar detail there?

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk