Author Topic: MUNSON/MONSON, UK, All dates  (Read 6853 times)

Offline BernieBarnes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MUNSON/MONSON, UK, All dates
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 February 05 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Cannot find Hingston just Kingston on the Isle of Wight, this from the 1871 census.  By the way I have a year's subscription to Ancestry.com UK records.  So far they have 1871 - 1901 mostly listed, let me know if you want anything looked up.
Munson & Monson (Essex & UK), Feller (Suffolk), Thorrington (Colchester, Essex), Smith (Gt Horkesley), Butcher (St Osyth), Smith (Leiston, Suffolk), French (Brightlingsea, Essex), Francis (Colchester, Essex)

Offline jocer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 August 06 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernie,

I have a Munson MILLS in my family tree, wondering if you know of any connection with your one name study. He was born 1755 in Beaumont, married a Jane. They moved to Dedham and he died in Langham (16.11.1821).  The name Munson recurrs over and over throughout the generations. Colchester crops up in some information I have received over the years.  I am in Australia and knowing exactly where places are does not come naturally!! Munson is as far back as I know on this line and am keen to find where this name came from before him.. a surname from a female perhaps??

Any ideas?

Cheers, Jo

Offline BernieBarnes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 12 August 06 00:10 BST (UK) »
I notice from the actual burial register that Munson Mills was buried in Langham but his residence was quoted as Dedham.  I also found the burial for a June Mills age 67 at Langham 21 October 1827.  Baptisms for their children were found at Dedham.  Let me know if you haven't found these, they are James, John, Thos and Sarah.  I tried to find a marriage in Dedham or Langham for Munson Mills and June without success.  Their son James appears to be in Brightlingsea census 1841 and 1851 at least and Thomas is in Gt Oakley in 1851.

There is a William Munson Mills bc 1825 living in Wivenhoe in 1861 and 1871, he has two different wives for these census but says he is born Nayland, Suffolk.  I will send a direct message to you regarding this gent as I have a contact for this persons line.  He was baptised on 10 Mar 1824 in Nayland, Suffolk to parents William John & Sarah Mills.
Munson & Monson (Essex & UK), Feller (Suffolk), Thorrington (Colchester, Essex), Smith (Gt Horkesley), Butcher (St Osyth), Smith (Leiston, Suffolk), French (Brightlingsea, Essex), Francis (Colchester, Essex)