Author Topic: Claud Nimmo  (Read 2087 times)

Offline MalcolmS60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Claud Nimmo
« on: Friday 14 October 05 23:41 BST (UK) »
Two brothers, named John and William NIMMO, both had sons named Claud NIMMO born at Sorn in 1790.  The brother's father's name was Claud NIMMO and he was born 25/11/1742 at Sorn.  A Claud NIMMO married on 16/07/1830 in Sorn.  I am not sure if the Claud who married in 1830 was the son, grandson, or possibly even nephew or Great Nephew of John and/or William.  Any information enabling me to trace the link between the younger and older Claud NIMMOs would be greatly appreciated.
MalcolmS60

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Claud Nimmo
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 15 October 05 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Malcolm,

There are a number of entries in the IGI for Claud Nimmo in the Catrine and Sorn areas which may help you sort our who is who.  I would also think that you could look for John and William's marriages and other children. You can search the IGI yourself at this site:

http://www.familysearch.org

If Claud who married in 1830 died after 1855 when civil registration began in Scotland, then his death certificate will give his parent's names, including his mother's maiden name.  I have just searched the index and it comes up with 5 deaths post 1855 for a Claud Nimmo.  These indexes are available to search at:

http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

To view the records, you have to pay, but searching of the indexes is free once you have registered.  Have a look at the site and read the instructions to get the most out of it.

I can't find any wills left by a Claud Nimmo.

Good luck

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tweetybird21

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Claud Nimmo
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 March 19 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Malcolm,

did you ever solve the Nimmo mystery?

My Granny was a Nimmo and I think she comes from the same Nimmos!