Author Topic: unwanted marriage cert. Peddle.Dix  (Read 9990 times)

Offline janetmp

• RootsChat Member
  • this is my pic
    • View Profile
unwanted marriage cert. Peddle.Dix
« on: Saturday 15 October 05 04:32 BST (UK) »

Marriage cert for Eliza Peddle and Samuel Dix

.August17 1837 Shepton Mallet. Somerset

Message me for cert
wagg,merchant,drake,pike,wellings,latham,
shropshire,somerset,dorset,hampshire,warwickshire,gloucestershire,worcestershire,
Census Information is Crown Copyright from www. national  archives.gov.uk

Offline bittenbybug

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: unwanted marriage cert. Peddle.Dix
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 26 August 07 00:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,   I have been following the Peddle family in Somerset and Eliza Peddle & Samuel Dix are direct relatives to me. I would welcome a copy of the certificate, if possible. Eliza Peddle is sister to my great grandfathers mother.

Offline keithjames

• RootsChat Extra
  • The BUDGE Coat of Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 January 12 03:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am researching Cornelius PEDDLE and his family for my family tree and in relation to (Tanswells of Narromine); I would welcome a copy of the certificate.
In New South Wales, AUSTRALIA:
Budge of Grenfell
Burge of Narromine
Bridget Celia POULTON
Samuel John Palmer
Elizabeth Spunner
Joseph Spunner Palmer
Mary Quin
Robert James Fitzroy Palmer
Daniel Budge of Orkney then NSW
Tanswells of Narromine
Daniel Burge

Offline bittenbybug

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 January 12 20:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,  I am also tracing the Tanswell/Peddle line. My mother (nee Tanswell) family are from Narromine and Condobolin. It would be great to see where your connection is.

Offline keithjames

• RootsChat Extra
  • The BUDGE Coat of Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 January 12 00:29 GMT (UK) »
My tree connection relates to
(1) Martha TANSWELL and her Husband James BURGE born 1876 - my Grand Uncle;

(2) George ROBERTS married my Grand Aunt.

(GGF Richard Leslie STEPHENS) My Great Grandfather's daughter Esther STEPHENS married George ROBERTS - Ann ROBERTS brother

(GGF James BURGE born 1848) My Great Grandfather's son married Martha TANSWELL; daughter of Thomas Cornelius TANSWELL and Ann ROBERTS.

I guess the Cornelius in Thomas TANSWELL's name comes from his mother's father, Cornelius PEDDLE.

If you have received the marriage certificate could you send it to me? It has been interesting researching Cornelius PEDDLE born 1821 whose picture is herewith.

My research profile shows my interests.  I am collecting "convicts" also - sort of - seeing how many convicts are in my tree and extended tree.
Budge of Grenfell
Burge of Narromine
Bridget Celia POULTON
Samuel John Palmer
Elizabeth Spunner
Joseph Spunner Palmer
Mary Quin
Tanswells of Narromine
Daniel Burge

Offline bittenbybug

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 January 12 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,

(GGF Thomas Cornelius Tanswell) My Great Grandfathers son John Tanswell married Elizabeth Quince.

(GM Elizabeth Quince) Elizabeth Quince's Grandmother (My GGGM was Elizabeth Tanswell) - sister of Thomas Cornelius Tanswell.

It sounds about as technical as your family line, if I am reading it correctly!  My mother is still living and she remembers visiting her Aunty Martha about 1950-51.   It was told to my mother by her father that Aunty Martha had the family bible.  Were we lucky enough for it to have survived the years?

I am sorry Keith, I never received a copy of the marriage Cert. I had no reply from the lady.

Do you know of the 2 convicts on your line?  Just to extend the collection, my maiden name is 'Hall'.
I also have some infamous ancestors, on my father's side.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Offline keithjames

• RootsChat Extra
  • The BUDGE Coat of Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 28 January 12 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Do you know of the 2 convicts on your line? No, heaven forbid, my Aunty Mary is 90 years old in April and it could be the death of her!!!  Convicts in the BUDGE/BURGE line???  Can you please send me the details.

It was told to my mother by her father that Aunty Martha had the family bible.  Were we lucky enough for it to have survived the years? I haven't any knowledge about this.  All I can remember is that years ago I came across a chat forum record where a female had posted a reply that her mother - Ann Roberts had the family bible at "Timberbongie" ??? (my memory is an issue here) but I will contact the ladies in Narromine and see if they know of it (they haven't mentioned it!!!  but that means nothing - I communicate regularly with:
the nephew of the Husband of Martha Tanswell and he only gives up information when questioned!!! - figure that out: I correspond with the son of the brother-in-law of Martha Tanswell!!!! and she died 30 Dec 1962!!!

I always double check everything; so with regard to the Tanswell work I have only "finalised" Martha, Rose, Thomas and Emily - wouldn't have wanted to be last to arrive at the dinner table with that family - got 7 more siblings to check.

Will get back to you re the bible; let me know about the convicts.

(As an aside: my cousin in Dubbo asked me to check his Ancestors and I did; and replied to him that I am related to Royalty thru him: he is an ancestor of a First Fleet Convict - who was 12 as in twelve years old - Thomas Akers thus "Australian Royalty" and - also - he is a descendant of King William Ryan of the Wiradjuri tribe of Jerilderie).  Wonder if that made him happy??? Haven't talked to him since I sent the info.
Budge of Grenfell
Burge of Narromine
Bridget Celia POULTON
Samuel John Palmer
Elizabeth Spunner
Joseph Spunner Palmer
Mary Quin
Tanswells of Narromine
Daniel Burge

Offline bittenbybug

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 29 January 12 02:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith, 
Sorry the 2 convicts I meant were on Tanswell and Roberts sides.
I note that you have a marriage for George Roberts marrying a Stephens? however the information I have is he married Lillie Warman, they were still having children up to 1905? I do not have that he married Esther Stephens.  Can you check your information?
I believe when John Tanswell (Martha's brother) and family visited Aunty Martha in 1951, he said he saw the family Bible on a cabinet in Aunty Martha's house. My mother has an amazing memory for things like that, and she was 13 at the time. There were other items that were from Thomas and Ann's household as well. (obviously there was a discussion in the car after they left Martha's house)

Mum is now 74 and we have been doing the family history for over 30 years.  It was very difficult back then awaiting for documents to be sent back with a 2 week wait.

In regards to siblings of Thomas C and Ann Roberts,
(mum has met 6 plus of course her father, there were 11 altogether)

Thomas, Henry died 1879 approx 4 yrs old, Emily, Albert, Sarah, Martha, Francis aka Frank, Rose, John (my mother's dad) David, Lucy.

Let me know if you wish to confirm dates etc.

I do have your email address now as well. 

Speak soon.

Offline CarrieHardy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 03 January 23 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi - to Keith james and/or bittenbybug
Hoping one of you see this message

Tanswells are part of my family line and just searching for information. I see they have a bit at narromine library now, will be heading there next week