Author Topic: BEARD family  (Read 31146 times)

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BEARD FAMILY
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 10 June 10 19:08 BST (UK) »
I have a number of BEARDS in my family tree all from around the Ross-on-Wye Forest of Dean areas.

Alice Mary BEARD b.30 may 1866, Newent, m 1910. d. 6 Sept 1970, Gorsley Ross-on-Wye. She married James TAYLOR.

Alices father was William BEARD.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline Mygenes2006

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 08 July 10 01:57 BST (UK) »
Hi, not sure if you are still collating the information but I have

SARAH SOPHIA DANIELS. She was born 1839 in Leonard Stanley, Gloucester. Occupation on 30 Mar 1851 in Cloth Worker. She married George Beard. They were married on 05 Dec 1863 in Leonard Stanley. Residence on 05 Apr 1891 in The Street, Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. She died Abt. Mar 1915 in Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. Also Known As was Sophia.

GEORGE BEARD. He was born 1837 in Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. Occupation on 05 Apr 1891 in Wool Dyehouse Labourer. Residence on 05 Apr 1891 in The Street, Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. He died Abt. Sep 1897 in Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England.

They had 4 children.

i.  JOSEPH HENRY BEARD. He was born Abt. Sep 1865 in Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. He married Hannah Thomas Jones. They were married Abt. Dec 1892 in Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales. Occupation on 31 Mar 1901 in Shorting Clerk & Telegraphist, Glamorgan Post Office, Swansea, Wales. Residence on 31 Mar 1901 in 12 Stanley Terrace, Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales.

. ii. CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH BEARD. She was born Abt. Mar 1867 in Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. Occupation on 03 Apr 1881 in Domestic (General Servant). Residence on 03 Apr 1881 in Painswick, Gloucestershire, England. She married James Morgan. They were married Mar 1889 in Stroud, Gloucestershire, England.

iii. CLARA ELIZA BEARD. She was born Abt. Jun 1869 in Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. Residence on 02 Apr 1871 in The Street, Gloucestershire, England. Occupation on 03 Apr 1881 in a 12 year old house servant. She married Edward Edmund Powell. Their marriage Abt. Dec 1890 in Stroud, Gloucestershire, England (Leonard Stanley). Also Known As was Eliza.

iv. NORMAN HENRY BEARD. He was born Abt. Dec 1890 in Leonard Stanley, Gloucestershire, England. 

Hope that helps.  MyGenes

Derrick, Dudley, Quince, Swaby, Wild,

Offline ozzy70

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 06 August 10 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Alf
I am descended from Thomas Beard and Rebecca Vick  of Woodchester their grandson Nathaniel (son of Nathaniel Beard and Rrbecca Cordwell) was transported to Tasmania in 1833 he was my great grandfather.  I noticed MicheleD was descended from his brother Edwin I would like to contact her annd tell her Alfred had two wives Alice and Ann only one of them had children and I think it was Ann.  I have a lot of info on my g grandfather's descendants which I would share.
Margaret

Offline wellmichelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 11 September 10 11:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have some information to add
Joseph Beard, born 28 DEC 1801 in Newnham, Gloucestershire, married to Mary. They had one son, Joseph Beard, born 20 DEC 1829 in Tetbury, Gloucester, Death March 1892 in Windsor, Berkshire, and possibly a second son George born around 1838.
I am looking for more information about this family, in particular a marriage certificate for Joseph Beard and Mary. And a possible death certificate for Mary Beard. Her husband Joseph remarried in Reading, Berkshire in 1841, so I presume she had died sometime before then.

Michelle Hughes
Hughes - Caernarvonshire, Wales and Millom, Cumberland
Stanley - Windsor, Berks
Reading - Windsor, Berks
Wallace - Windsor, Berks and Horsell, Surrey
Beard - Windsor, Berks; Gloucestershire
Welford - Eton, Buckinghamshire
Vickers
Brandon - Buckinghamshire

Offline blencowe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 06 November 10 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alf,
I'm sure that you once replied to a question of mine some years agonow, but wondered whether you might have any information on the Beard family relating to my part of the family?  My great grandfather was Thomas J Beard born in 1836 and married Sarah Ann Semark in 1857, then remarried in 1868 to Sarah Ann Boorman. I believe he was a millwright and lived in Faversham for a good while before moving back to Gloucestershire.
My grandmother was Sarah Ann, named after her mother and married Alexander Ross Henderson in 1901.
I would be very grateful to see any other family members - I appreciate you have many people corresponding with you and that you are still working away on finding out more information on the Beards, so are very busy - so if and when you get time it would be great to hear from you.

Many thanks

Graeme Henderson.

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 February 11 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alf

Have you any links with Thomas Beard bargemaster of Brosley, he was moored at Gloucester in 1881 in the barge William.

Mike Beard

Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline salt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 16 March 11 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alf

I came across some MIs you'd submitted to the Wishful-Thinking site and as a result have filled in several blanks in my Beard and Prothero trees - for which many thanks. Would you like the information I have on my Beards from Newland and Lydney?
Salt.
BRE: Price, Williams
CMN: Lewis, Smith, Coslet, Morris
GLA: Glasbrook, Lewis (of Gorseinon)
GLS: Wooles, Phelps, Beard, Broadstock, Burgum, Prothero
HUN: Bird, Chester, Dunmore, King, Read
MON: Wooles
ERY: Smith, Bell, Woolf, Sutton
USA (Utah): Read (Smithfield), Lewis (Goshen); Kansas: Lewis
AUST (Victoria): Lewis

Offline alf

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 16 March 11 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Salt

I have PM'd you and Yes please

regards
Alf

Offline croad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 06 August 11 15:55 BST (UK) »
hi my name is heather  im looking for a walter beard he was my mums granfather he had a  daughter doris louise beard i know she was born 1907 stroud my mum does not know what her granmothers name was i have drawn a blank it could have been  a walter nathaniel beard seems a marragie the same year my nan was born,