Author Topic: John Lotty and daughter Lucinda from Cork  (Read 1111 times)

Offline silicondale

• RootsChat Veteran
  • ggg-grandad William Vine
    • View Profile
John Lotty and daughter Lucinda from Cork
« on: Monday 17 October 05 16:31 BST (UK) »
Looking for any information on Lucinda Lotty, born 1824 in Cork (not sure whether this was city or county though) but the whole family moved to London in the 1830s. Her father was John Lotty, London docks labourer (info from Lucinda's marriage certificate no.2), born abt.1791 (from 1851 census data) but I have no other information about him.

Lucinda married twice: (1) William Walters, at St Dunstan's, Stepney, London, on 18 Feb 1843, (2) Thomas Jeffrey Wood (born 1814) in Limehouse, London on 4 July 1852 - but there's nothing there to shed light on her Irish origins.

Unfortunately I don't know which parish to look in - the information I have is just 'Cork'.

Any help greatly appreciated ! - Steve
Henley (Brighton 1820+, Bedfordshire pre-1810),  Vine, Button, Bradford, Bodle (Sussex), Willey (Sheffield, London), Nattriss (London), Wood, Jones, Blaker, Shrimpton (London), Dalby (London, Cornwall 1800+, E.Yorkshire pre-1810), Hillmann, von Thun (London and Hannover)

Offline grimnar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John Lotty and daughter Lucinda from Cork
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 September 08 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,
     this may be a long shot but i have a lotty in my family that came from Co. Cork.

Mary Jane or Jane Josephine Lotty m. Daniel Joseph Murphy at North Gate Chapel Church, Cork.

Mary and Daniel emigrated to Australia with Daniels brother Thomas and his family.

Cheers

Offline silicondale

• RootsChat Veteran
  • ggg-grandad William Vine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 September 08 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Grimnar -

I have found some more information about the Lotty family. They are listed in the 1841 census (HO107/696/9/8/6) at St George's Terrace, St.George in the East, London. The eldest of six daughters (no sons) is Mary Lotty who might possibly be named after your Mary Jane - and the youngest is Jane.

Their parents were John Lotty born about 1778 and Martha born about 1794. John was from county Cork, Martha was also from Ireland, presumably also Cork, but I have no further details.

all the best - Stephen
Henley (Brighton 1820+, Bedfordshire pre-1810),  Vine, Button, Bradford, Bodle (Sussex), Willey (Sheffield, London), Nattriss (London), Wood, Jones, Blaker, Shrimpton (London), Dalby (London, Cornwall 1800+, E.Yorkshire pre-1810), Hillmann, von Thun (London and Hannover)

Offline grimnar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 September 08 01:59 BST (UK) »
Stephen,
               thanks for the reply, I could be very possible that, that happened.

It is interesting to note that over the 150 years that the Vital record indexes(Victoria, Australia) cover their is only a handfull of Lotty's recorded.

Cheers