Author Topic: surnames Roddick/Riddick/Barclay/Beattie/Cossar in var. locations  (Read 13202 times)

Offline robeena

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: surnames Roddick/Riddick/Barclay/Beattie/Cossar in var. locations
« Reply #18 on: Friday 25 May 07 12:17 BST (UK) »
I know this is generally Dumfriesshire but does anyone have any information about a John (aka James?)  Edgar who married Sarah Riddicks in Whithorn, Wigtownshire in 1844.  IGI gives his name as John on the 1841 census there is a James living in the same household as Sarah.  I have looked for children on the IGI but did not come up with any. Interested as we are trying to trace a John Edgar presumed from Dumfriesshire.  Thanks
Robeena
Bennett, Logan, Simper, Brooker, Smerdon, Hall, Deely,

Offline Clingan

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 01 June 07 13:39 BST (UK) »
Just in case anyone is looking for strays there were Riddicks and Riddets in Kirkpatrick Durham area. Have a number of Riddets but my Riddick is
Lizzie Jane Riddick 6 Aug 1889 Kirkpatrick Durham - 14 Mar 1959 Edinburgh. Married a Clingan.

Ian
Clingan, Kirkpatrick Durham, Kirkcudbright, Dumfries-shire, Liverpool, Australia, New Zealand, Canada
Boak, Liverpool
Markham & Grover, Reading, Berks

Offline treeroddick

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 10:11 BST (UK) »
I have just joined this website and this is my first post looking for information on my Roddick connections

I have a Johnstone Smith Roddick believed to have been born in Dromore, Co. Down around 1855.  I know his father was Robert Roddick (died before 1885) and mother Jane Roddick (nee Johnstone).  Because of lack of census material in Ireland I am really stuck.  This Johnstone Smith Roddick married in Falkirk, Scotland in 1885 and went on to live in Stirling (1891 census) with wife Jane Roddick (nee Grant) and had four children (I have names).   He moved to Dublin with his family (1911 census) before emigrating to Calgary, Canada in 1924 where both he and his wife died in 1945.

The help I need is the Irish roots - confirmation of Johnstone Smith Roddick's place and exact date of birth and any details of parents Robert and Jane and ancestors.