Author Topic: Seeking birth info for Jane Gibson  (Read 1390 times)

Offline britty43

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Seeking birth info for Jane Gibson
« on: Tuesday 18 October 05 04:20 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find birth info on Jane Gibson, born in Middlesbrough about 1870.
She was married in 1889 to Isaac McManus and listed her father as James(deceased).
I have looked everywhere and am unable to get any info on her. She died in West Hartlepool in 1943 under the name of Mary Jane McManus.
On her elder childrens birth certificates her name was given as Jane and on the younger children it was Mary Jane.
Isaac and her had a corner shop in Hartlepool, he died in 1925 and she continued to run the shop until her death.
I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Offline MINOR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking birth info for Jane Gibson
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 October 05 16:11 BST (UK) »
I have looked at Tees Valley indexes, and there are 2 Jane Gibson entries, born 1868 and 1874. If you contact the registrar, they will be able to tell you if either's father was named James, so you know which certificate to order.

http://www.teesvalley-indexes.co.uk/search.php
Clavering, Hudson, Baister, Bloomfield, Duff, Donaldson, Oxendale, Dodds, Lazenby,  Dodsworth, Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline britty43

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 October 05 04:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help. I have already checked all the birth records and none of the fathers are James. I am up against a  brick wall.
I am also trying to find her daughter Elizabeth McManus's birth record but none of them have the father as Isaac.(She is my father's mother)

Offline MINOR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 November 05 19:36 GMT (UK) »
I found Mary Jane Gibson on the 1881 census, living at 3 Fishwicks Buildings, Middlesbrough, with her widowed mother Elizabeth. This puts her birth nearer 1873. Hope this helps.
Clavering, Hudson, Baister, Bloomfield, Duff, Donaldson, Oxendale, Dodds, Lazenby,  Dodsworth, Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk