Author Topic: HELP PLEASE JAMES LITTLE HUNGERFORD  (Read 2110 times)

Offline rowena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
HELP PLEASE JAMES LITTLE HUNGERFORD
« on: Sunday 22 August 04 15:52 BST (UK) »
I have hit a brick wall with my gt gt grandfather James Little born circa 1821 in Hungerford.
I know from the 1861 census that by then he was living with his wife Ann (nee name unknown, who was born circa 1824 at Freystrop Pembrokeshire now Dyfed,Wales), in Union Street, Pontlottyn,Glamorganshire.
On the 1871 census they were living at 20 Wellington St
Bedwellty Rhymney. Both censuses show that they had children William Little b circa 1848, Thomas Little b.circa 1852 Elizabeth Little born circa 1859 and Mary Jane Little born circa 1865. I have searched intensively on the IGI index, bdm and various other sites but cannot confirm a  James Little being  born in Hungerford or of any marriage either in that area or Wales. Help please as until I can get his birth date or those of his sons William or Thomas, whom I also, to date, cannot trace I'm stuck.
Saw this site so thought here goes again perhaps someone can come up with some info. or maybe I'm missing something !
With regards and anticipation of some news...Rita

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HELP PLEASE JAMES LITTLE HUNGERFORD
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 August 04 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita,

I have found the following,it MIGHT be a reference to the marriage of your James :) Its the only entry that I could find for James Little,there were 4 others but the earliest date was 1897 so I guess that rules them out :(

Evans, John 1859 June Marriages Cardiff (1837-1974) Glamorgan Monmouthshire 11a 371
JENKINS, ANNE 1859 June Marriages Cardiff (1837-1974) Glamorgan Monmouthshire 11a 371
Jones, Sophia 1859 June Marriages Cardiff (1837-1974) Glamorgan Monmouthshire 11a 371
LITTLE, JAMES 1859 June Marriages Cardiff (1837-1974) Glamorgan Monmouthshire 11a 371

Hope this helps,Mick ;)

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline rowena

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 August 04 17:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Mick

Hope this is the correct procedure for a reply - new to this site.[

Thanks for reply. I hadn't come across this particular James Little so will follow it up. It could be him. As his wife came from Pembrokeshire they could have got married anywhere I suppose.

Onwards - I will find him !!!!  Regards..Rita

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 August 04 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita,

Your reply is fine :)

There are some great people here,who will be willing to help you out if you get stuck,

Good luck with your search,Mick ;)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History