Author Topic: Photographs of Fishwick in Preston  (Read 774 times)

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Photographs of Fishwick in Preston
« on: Tuesday 18 October 05 20:42 BST (UK) »
Here are some photographs taken around the Fishwick and are for Darwens  ;D

This is Lark Hill Street and the house looks to be original.

Next I found James Street which was just a few streets away. I am sorry to say that the lower even numbers no longer exist  :'( There are modern housing on the site built within the last 20 years.

The photograph you can see in taken at the other end, door numbers are in the 50's and 60's.
Robinson, Roberts, Roles, Griffiths, Walton, Royle, Chorlton,
Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Photographs of Fishwick in Preston
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 October 05 20:51 BST (UK) »

I could not find a Bedford Street or a  Richmond Row but there was Richmond Terrace which was very close to Lark Hill Street.

I again could not find Primrose Hill Road but I did find a Primrose Hill which was almost at the end of James Street so I took this picture with Primrose Mill in the background (built 1906)
Mott, Jones, Greenway, Morris, Bates, Mackay, Colley, Wagstaffe, Rickwood, Winston, Sockett, Bates, Haylock, Winston, Cleminson, Goodwin, Sockett, Bevan, Williams, Bell, Johnson and Dearson.

Offline darwens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 18 October 05 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Black Sheep,

Thankyou so much, you are a truly wonderful person. You have given me something I may never have gotten.

Thanks again

Belinda
Booth, Darwen, Carter, Alliston, O'Neil, Middleton, Lawson, Rickard, Barton, Boulton, Croft, Ford, Fitzpatrick, Hill, Colllits, Cairns

Offline Black Sheep

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 October 05 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Belinda,

Very pleased to have been able to help you.

The streets that were missing you may find on old maps. "Alan Godfrey" reproduces old maps for about £2.50-ish and I have many.. I am sorry to say my own research has not touched Preston so I can not help here.

All the addresses were in walking distance of each other and all were terraced housing so you can see gaps where I guess these missing addresses were.

Best of Luck !

BS