Author Topic: Jones in Llanidloes  (Read 830 times)

Offline FANDANGO

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Jones in Llanidloes
« on: Sunday 16 October 05 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Lloydy my jones family are very elusive the only clue i have to my grandfather Alfred is that his brother Arthur was living in Llanidloes at 44 china st in around 1913 when his son Price was born, long shot i know but i wondered if you had come across this family in your research.

Fandango

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Jones Llanidloes
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 October 05 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Fandango

Sorry I haven't replied sooner but for some reason I have not been receiving email notifications for replies.  I must ask Tyrstan about it!!!!

Anyway, back to your Alfred and Arthur Jones.  Do you know their parents names?  I have had a quick look on the 1901 census and there are a few Alfred's in Llanidloes.  One of which was living next door to one of my Jones families!!!!!

Do you know whether Alfred and Arthur had any other siblings? and roughly their date/year of births?

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand