Author Topic: Dad and siblings  (Read 2552 times)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Dad and siblings
« on: Thursday 20 October 05 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hi all. This is dad with 5 of his siblings. The last one hasn't yet arrived so this is the nearest we get to the whole family so is very special. Fortunately dad the oldest is in quite good order. Allways gives me a chuckle when I look at this photo. Dad in his short pants and him pointing at it and telling us how he was 15 so had not gotten his first pair of trousers yet, 16 was the magic age for that. Hope it can be improved. Auntie Holly in particular looks terrible and a very attractive young lady she was. Hope something can be done.....Kris  :D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

skippy

Re: Dad and siblings
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 October 05 04:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Kris,

This pic is in pretty good condition compared to some,..mostly mine.
The girl on left hand holding babe needs a lot of work. There is a lot to work on
and its going to take some time.................I am a novice but had to have a go
and this is result to date. Should complete tomorrow or Sat time permitting
May have to do away with bows..............let me know what you think..

Offline Man of Kent

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 October 05 04:39 BST (UK) »
Skip, good job mate, it is a great improvement/

skippy

« Reply #3 on: Friday 21 October 05 06:07 BST (UK) »
Cheers and thanks for your support

re current posting ...think lot of work on this pic due to changing background and the number
of folks in the frame...bit of a challenge and don't want chocolate box effect which may not suite everyone....especially me.

Exceptin backgreound, your colouring / tonal in on of the folks on the grandparents pic was pretty good.

SKIP

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 October 05 06:36 BST (UK) »
Wow Skippy what an improvement already. Thank you very much. You don't look like a novice to me. It looks great. I look forward to seeing the next stage. Auntie Holly looks better already. I am very excited to see what has already happened. Dads hair I suspect would have just been brown when he was young so would be good if we could remove some of the Red. I dont have any others of Dad between one with his folks as a young boy and adult. Actually I can't believe how much hair he had.....Keep up the good work. I am always in awe at the results I see on this board so really wonderful to see my own family come to life like this....Kris  ;D

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 21 October 05 21:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your efforts rkaa. My family do look lovely. Looking at my family in colour it is hard to believe it was taken 80 years ago....Lovely...Kris  :D

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 21 October 05 22:15 BST (UK) »
What a lovely picture....
Sue
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 October 05 22:56 BST (UK) »
The uncles look great. Thanks again rkaa.  I tried to crop Dad (The Oldest) out of Skippy's yesterday just to see if I could get a nice pic of him on his own. Would love a good look at your version of him if its not too much trouble....I think it is great that you people get to practice on our pics and we end up reaping the rewards. Keep up the good work......Kris  :D

skippy

« Reply #8 on: Saturday 22 October 05 00:15 BST (UK) »
nice pic RKAA....I can see I have a long way to go.