Author Topic: Alexander FALCONBRIDGE, Catherine QUINN Donegal (Ballintra ?)  (Read 5963 times)

Offline myrtlebank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Alexander FALCONBRIDGE, Catherine QUINN Donegal (Ballintra ?)
« on: Saturday 22 October 05 00:35 BST (UK) »
Still desperately seeking info re Alexander Falconbridge (b c 1830?) family, Donegal. In particular parents  and siblings of Alexander (Snr) (also had sons Alexander and William)  A William, Donegal town 1846,  Customs, perhaps brother or father. 6 Falconbridge children all born in Donegal from 1868 (Family migrated to Australia in 1880)
I have birth dates of children but no birth or marriage for Alexander.
Any info re this elusive family gratefully received.
Valerie Currer
NSW Australia

Offline Quinn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander FALCONBRIDGE, Catherine QUINN Donegal (Ballintra ?)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 November 05 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Valerie!

Hi!  Take a look in this part of the forum for the newest stuff that has surfaced on this family.

This new cousin, Pat Quinn, is trying to get me more information on all of this.  He was raised on the family farm there, and still remembers quite a few of the family around the area.

We're working on it, I promise we are!  Sorry haven't wrote to you lately.  Tied up with a million things going on at home.

Patty
Quinn of County Donegal
Overn family of County Down and Fermanagh
Teague family of Ireland
Roe family
Ussery family
Stockton family

Offline myrtlebank

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander FALCONBRIDGE, Catherine QUINN Donegal (Ballintra ?)
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 November 05 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patty

Re your message. I am sure that your John Quinn is the same person I am after. You also listed a daughter Catherine, my gr. grandmother Catherine would have been born around 1849-ish . I believe she was43 when she died in 1892. Am waiting on LDS film from Donegal. Cheers Valerie

PS Have found information on Alexander Falconbridge 1760, details of his marriage. Hooray. I have more on the 18th C Alexander than my 19th C Grandfather Alexander.