Author Topic: Edleys Ecclesalll Beirlow sheffield  (Read 1365 times)

Offline gales

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Edleys Ecclesalll Beirlow sheffield
« on: Saturday 22 October 05 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,  I have lots of info from 1800 on William Edley born 1809, married to Charlotte Carter 16th may 1828 . They lived Ecclesall Beirlow. I am seeking the MAIDEN NAME of Williams Mother    SARAH   ???

Offline Tuppie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Arnold Ridge Lee
    • View Profile
Re: Edleys Ecclesalll Beirlow sheffield
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 October 05 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Gales

Where was William EDLEY born?

Ecclesall Bierlow is a registration district which comprises the townships of Ecclesall, Upper and Nether Hallam in Yorkshire, and Norton, Dore and the liberty of Beauchief in Derbyshire.So as an actual place it never existed.

Kind Regards

Tuppie
LEE, ROSE, Mosborough/Eckington<br />TREWEEK, HARDWICK.Cornwall/Derbyshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
www.sheffieldindexers.com

Offline gales

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 October 05 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Tuppie,    William was born in Sheffield Jan 1811,    Christened Sheffield Cathedral March 1811.    The register only gives his mothers name as SARAH. Any ideas on how I can find out his mothers maiden name.??    However many thanks for your reply,  any ideas greatly appreciated.

Offline Tuppie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Arnold Ridge Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 October 05 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

Did you get his birth and baptism information from the IGI..?

There is also a marriage on there for George EDLEY and Sarah HADFIELD 3rd Dec 1809 at St Peters Sheffield (the parish church)

As with all the information from the IGI this would require checking with the actual register.

Regards
Tuppie
LEE, ROSE, Mosborough/Eckington<br />TREWEEK, HARDWICK.Cornwall/Derbyshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
www.sheffieldindexers.com

Offline gales

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 November 05 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tuppie,   Sorry for delay in reply.  Computer problem, replaced it now so okay.  I did get the details of George and Sarah Hadfield from IGI. However still hitting a brick wall.  Could even be a Sarah Kerry.        Noticed you had the name Rose on your list.  My brother in law is a Rose, they are a Harthill family as far as I know.  About 4 miles from Mosboro'.  Try GENUKI  Yorkshire if you go onto Harthill school I seem to remember the Roses name appears on the lists. Good luck  Gales.