Author Topic: FECHEY Industrial School, Perth  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Mars Barr

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
FECHEY Industrial School, Perth
« on: Tuesday 24 August 04 15:24 BST (UK) »
 ???
Can anyone tell me please, where I could obtain records of a pupil who was in the above school in 1881?

My Gt grandfather & his wife, were living in Perth in 1881 with their daughter Mabel (my g.mother) their son George Nelson Grant, was on the census list (middle name not included) correct age, for Fechney Indus School.
Curious to know why he was there.

Seems that the family were all scattered about, eldest son Edward was in Lodgings (Edinburgh) eldest dau was with her g.mother in Edinburgh, youngest dau (my g.mother) with hr parents, all the children had been bornin Derby England.

In 1889 my g.mother Mabel Grant was sent to Canada as an orphan, it transpired however  that her father was at the time living in Birmingham, do not know what happened to her mother Mary Hannah Grant (nee
Copeland) what happened to son George Nelson, did he remain in the Industrial School? and then what?
Gartland (Canada)  Copeland (Derby & Leicester)  Barr (Greenock-Scotland)
Geoghan(Ireland)  Jarvis (Essex)

Offline possum_pie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: FECHEY INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL PERTH
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 February 05 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!!

Can I suggest you phone the AK Bell library in Perth as they would tell you if records were in existence for that and if so, where to get a hold of them.  they are really helpful.

Ish
WADE, WALSHAW, CAFFREY, HALEY, HEALEY, TYAS, CROPPER, REDFORD, MCCOLL, FRASER, FRAZER