Author Topic: "Model" a Village ?  (Read 10746 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: "Model" a Village ?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 09 December 08 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Mr D.Rodgers
. Maybe a model village of Honiley,

Balsall street (Hampton in Arden area only being  nearer Balsall common and Honiley) a Berkswell.

Names Tidmash ......no 'r'

http://66.102.9.132/search?q=cache:BGeJ2mP08Q0J:www.nnwfhs.org.uk/publications/journals/F4.pdf+honiley+poorhouse&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=uk
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 December 08 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi HolmWoods

Confirmed  your rouge Georgey boy CUTTS http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=348222.new;topicseen#new
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 26 December 08 17:59 GMT (UK) »

Balsall street of Old buildings  17/1800's farms and country lanes also old cottages

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=42661

Hampton in Arden contact address for local history and ancestry.

http://www.bmsgh.org/parish/warw/tyaiw/localsocs.html

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 03 January 09 12:14 GMT (UK) »
PHOEBE TIDMARSH,  ON 1841C WITH THOMAS FARM LABOURER THOMES DIED 1851 PHOEBE DIED 1852
SEE PHABE DOCKER B/B177O LDS SEARCH MERIDEN ;D
THOMAS B 1804/5 ATHERSTONE, MANCETTER DIED 1885 ON NEXT PAGE 1841C HAMPTON IN ARDEN BALSALL STREET BALSALL COMMON SARAH BOTT DIED 1850 THOMAS REMARRIED AN ELIZABETH  HARRISON 1857
SON SAM B1844/5 DIED 1921 CLOWNE- MARY CUTTS B 1846 DIED 1902 DUCKMANTON

ALSO WILLIAM DOCKER HAMPTON IN ARDEN

REASON THEY MOVED THERE FROM ATHERSTONE ,MANCETTER

WILLIAM OWNED THE FARM AS DOWN AS FARMER WITH SON WILLIAM AGE 22

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 05 January 09 22:07 GMT (UK) »

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 24 January 09 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Drogers

Your baby......as founder path finder.............Mary Cutts b 1842/7

Cutts

See marriage Frances Fox b Heath 1791 to George Cutts 1810

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~brianfjohnson/Cutts/Cutts-Records.htm

For general

http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/surname/c/cutts.html

Type of web tree web site

http://www.geocities.com/journeymouse/Genealogy/Families/Cutts.html

Offline Mumsie2131

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Councillor John Heap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 24 January 09 23:36 GMT (UK) »
I thought you may like to know I went to Holme when I was a child - I confess I don't remember much of it except Great Aunt Mary telling me that when she died I would be just Miss Heap (no forename for the eldest), that was fine except when I did the family history I found she was married (to a Littlewood !!!) I have a copy of her will but it doesn't give her address.
Most of my father's family came from just the other side of Holmfirth to Holme - Cartworth.
I also know that my gt gt grandfather was something to do with the Bilberry Reservoir which was the one which caused the flood - there's lots of information on the Internet about it.
there is a very good book called 'Holmfirth from Forest to Township' by Eileen Williams, out of print but sometimes available on Amazon and Yes Holmfirth was originally much more important than Huddersfield.
Heap - Holmfirth WRY
Rhodes-Flockton WRY & NE Cheshire
Ridgway- NE Cheshire & Lancahire
Roebuck - Upperthong WRY
Wild - NECheshire
Riley - NE Cheshire & Derbyshire
Greaves - NE Cheshire & Lancashire

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 01 February 09 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Drodgers

This came to day from the Nunheaton and Mancetter Family history Society also the society in contact with Look up at  Local studies library in Atherstone

As follows

Church of St Peter, Mancetter. This was the Parish Church of Atherstone from earliest records until about 1830 when the Church of St Mary in Atherstone was allowed to be used.

These are the entries for the two children of Thomas and Phoebe.

Thomas son of Thomas & Phoebe Tidmarsh.
Received into the Church July 1806.
P Bap July 9  1805

Charlotte dau of Thomas & Phoebe Tidmarsh
Received into the Church Dec 1809
P Bap July 9 1809.

The P Bap means previously baptised so they had been baptised into a non conformist church, possibly Methodist and re baptised into the Church of England as required by law.
This may explain why the marriage of Thomas & Phoebe is hard to find.
Phoebe ( according to 1851 census was born in Balsall & probably married there.)

1841 census.
Balsall St, Hamlet of Balsall, Parish of Hampton.
Thomas Tidmarsh 70 Agricultural labourer, born in Warwickshire.
Phoebe 60  born in Warwickshire.
Had 3 lodgers living with them. No family there.

1841 census
Balsall St, Hamlet of Balsall, Parish of Hampton.
Thomas Tidmarsh 35 Agricultural labourer
Sarah                     30
Thomas                  10
William                     6
John                         3
Elizabeth                  2
Mary                         1   

( Ages of adults rounded down to nearest 5, so Thomas senior was between 70 and 74.)

1851 census. Balsall, Solihull
Phoebe Tidmarsh, 72, widow, pauper, born Balsall.  ( abt 1779)

1851 census, Balsall, Solihull
Thomas Tidmarsh 45, widower,Agricultural labourer, born Atherstone ( 1805 not 1806 as we now know from Church record.)
Elizabeth daughter, 12, scholar,born Balsall
Joseph son, 8, born Balsall
Samuel son, 6 born Balsall
Sarah daughter, 3 born Balsall.

www.freebmd.org    Death of Thomas Tidmarsh, March quarter, 1851,Solihull.
If this is your Thomas he died jan/Feb/ March of 1851 and registered at Solihull which covered Balsall. So shortly after, on the 1851 census Phoebe is shown as a widow.

Atherstone had a hiring fair in September where men would gather to get work for the following year. This is probably how Thomas & Phoebe came to spend a few years in Atherstone.
You could try asking a question on Genforum England for someone who knows the Balsall area.   Google for ‘Genforum england’    Top right box, jump to Warwickshire forum and ask for info.
Perhaps someone knows about non conformist chapels in Balsall where Thomas & Phoebe may have married.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 13 February 09 22:53 GMT (UK) »

Key;-
B= Banns - Z = his/hers Mark - OP = out of this parish + OP of parish

MEREVALE

29-Nov1803 -(B) - Thomas (Z) (Tidma(No R)sh) Tidmash of Atherstone Mancetter (OP) & Phoebe Cope (OTP)

Witnesses Elizabeth (Z) Cope & Abraham Cope

.......................................................................................
SIBLINS of Marriage

1) Thomas Tidmash (no R) Mancetter ( Atherstone on censes in Balsall) bapt    1805  LDS IGI Married Sarah Bott 1827  she died 1850 and his 2nd wife Elizabeth Harrison mar 1857 = My GGGranddad
2) Charlotte Tidmas (no R0 Mancetter) bapt 1809 Lds IGI Married a William Smith mar 1835 Kennelworth
3) Martha TiTmas Hampton in arden bapt 1811 IGI Married Thomas Mullis  mar 1832 Harbury
4) Mary TiTmas  ---------------"------------Bapt 1814 IGI Married Charles Stain  mar1834 Hampton in Arden
5) Ann TiTmouse ---------------"------------bapt 1818 IGI ..............marriage as below

ANSTY

24 July 1836    B

Richard (Z) Cowley  (OTP) &  Ann (Z) Tidmas (OTP)

Wittnesses Elizabeth (Z) Harding & Joseph (Z) Tidmas