Author Topic: THOMAS/BRODIGAN  (Read 3207 times)

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
THOMAS/BRODIGAN
« on: Thursday 09 April 09 16:01 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone I am trying to find the family of William Thomas 1874 born Liverpool and Mary Brodigan 1872 born Drogheda they married in Bersham 1896 address  given as 11 Offa Terrace Bersham I have the Thomas family in the 1881 cen living in the Old Toll House Ruthin Rd.Any help at all would be much appreciated Thanks Bernie
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline maidmarion

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: THOMAS/BRODIGAN
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 April 09 16:35 BST (UK) »
1901 Marchwiel RG13/5215, f.57, p.10
Pentrellwygodd?
William Thomas 26 H Mar shiftman at colliery b.Liverpool
Mary " 27 wife b.Ireland
John " 3  son b.Wrexham
Richard M. Turner cousin mar 21 shiftman at colliery b.Ruabon
Harriet Turner cousin mar 18 b.Wrexham

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 April 09 16:39 BST (UK) »
Hi  :)

I think we've been here before - I recognised the Turner cousins  :)

To avoid duplication of effort:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,355869.0.html

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,319363.0.html

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 April 09 17:11 BST (UK) »
I have never really tried to find out about William Thomas and Family I am trying but carnt get past 1901 the 1911 cen said Denbighshire not available yet I just need some help in where to look next thanks Bernie
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 April 09 17:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernie

The 1911 for Denbighshire should be out by the summer. I think that you'll probably have to wait for that.

Have you checked for WW1 records for him?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 April 09 18:59 BST (UK) »
thank you once again Gadget,the reason I am trying to locate the Thomas's is that in the back of my mind I remember an Uncle Pat and aunt Hannah from Shotton,I have found out he was Patrick Kindlin and she was Hannah nee Saint they got marriesd in1914 and Patrick was in the Welsh Fusiliers in Wrexham they got married in Connahs Quay I remember going to Ireland with him and his son 60yrs ago so they have got to be part of my family and thats what is bugging me,the son Bernard died a while ago although his widow still lives in Shotton I have tried to write to her but so far no responce I know they are part of my family the son Bernard came once a month to visit us in Liverpool.Its awful when something wont let you rest so you see that is why I keep Trying!!  thanks Bernie

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 09 April 09 20:27 BST (UK) »
Have you thought of checking on Patrick on the 1911? It might give some leads.

Also, I seem to remember Shrewsbury and  Co. Durham links - is it worth doing broader searches for William  :-\

Gadget

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 April 09 20:56 BST (UK) »
hi yes i have tried to find Patrick he was in the Royal Welsh Fusiliers he was a reg soldier he married Hannah and had 4 kids 2 girls 2 boys Bernard was one boy who always visited Liverpool I can picture him to this day he was the only one who visited  he married a Winifred I wrote to her but no answer the strange thing is when I tried to find him on Roots I rec a reply from someone(!st reply they ever made) and she said I know of whom you speak he died of cancer and is buried at Hawarden? isnt that a strange replyI tried 4 times to contact her no luck.now I really am curious I hope I dont turn up any awful stuff,But I relly need to know where they fit in it can only be the Thomas's the Co Durham  conn was Richard Mark Turner married on Harriet he was my grans brother one of the younger kids that William Thomas took in when he married my Gt G/mothers niece Mary Brodigan.How I wish I could get the 1911 results!!  I rweally do appreciate your guidence  thank you Bernie

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 April 09 21:00 BST (UK) »
If Bernard was buried in Hawarden, maybe our friend Paul might be able to find a record - do you have his full name and approx date of burial?

Gadget