Author Topic: Newspaper Lookup  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Reggie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Newspaper Lookup
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 October 05 09:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish

Have just received a reply to an email i sent to the Newcastle Library yesterday and they do have the SMH for 1970 .... yeehaa ... now just have to get there.

They don't have the Illawarra Mercury though. Fingers crossed  that i find something in the SMH.

Jaki

Jaki

I hope to get to the library on Tuesday and can look it up for you (i already have it marked in my 'things to do at Library').  So, if you are not going before Tuesday then I will look up for you.  I am familiar with the SMH because I have done a lot of research in it.  I can see if the Illawarra Mercury is there also.

Cheers

Reg

Johnson: Scotland & Australia
Robertson: Scotland & Australia
Bedford: London, Surrey, Somerset, Kent, Kensington
Ash(e): Ireland, NSW Australia
Tooley: England, NSW Australia
Austen: Surrey (Shalford)
Jackson: Australia - Ulmarra, Cowper
Howard: Australia - Maclean
Reiley: South Bersted, London
O'Reilley: London & Melbourne Australia
Tubb: Berkshire
Paterson: Scotland, NSW Australia
Higginbotham: possibly England, South Australia, NSW
Tooley: London, Sydney Australia

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 28 October 05 09:47 BST (UK) »
Reg

Wont be able to get there for a while so if you can look if you go that would be great.

Thanks

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland

Offline Reggie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 October 05 08:58 BST (UK) »
Reg

Wont be able to get there for a while so if you can look if you go that would be great.

Thanks

Jaki

OK Jaki.  I have been to the library and found the death notice and the funeral notice in the Illawarra Mercury.  I have taken a scan of them for you.  I will PM you.

Reg
Johnson: Scotland & Australia
Robertson: Scotland & Australia
Bedford: London, Surrey, Somerset, Kent, Kensington
Ash(e): Ireland, NSW Australia
Tooley: England, NSW Australia
Austen: Surrey (Shalford)
Jackson: Australia - Ulmarra, Cowper
Howard: Australia - Maclean
Reiley: South Bersted, London
O'Reilley: London & Melbourne Australia
Tubb: Berkshire
Paterson: Scotland, NSW Australia
Higginbotham: possibly England, South Australia, NSW
Tooley: London, Sydney Australia

Offline Helen11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 May 09 09:18 BST (UK) »
Jaki

Hope this works.  Re your message "John George Hall was my great grandfather's brother ... didn't think i would ever find anything about him."  My husband has a John George Hall in his family tree, born Sydney 1965 to William and Agnes.  Any connection?

Helen11

Offline Helen11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 May 09 09:23 BST (UK) »
Jaki

Hope this works.  Re your message "John George Hall was my great grandfather's brother ... didn't think i would ever find anything about him."  My husband has a John George Hall in his family tree, born Sydney 1865 to William and Agnes.  Any connection?   (second post: corrected date)

Helen11

Offline Jaki

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 May 09 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen

Sorry no connection. My John George Hall and his brothers were all born in Warwickshire to George and Ann. My lot of Halls didn't arrive in Australia until around 1920.

Jaki
<i>OK Charles Henry Kingwell when did you arrive in Australia????</i><br /><b>Coates</b> - Warwickshire, Staffordshire??<br /><b>Hall</b> - Warwickshire, Yorkshire<br /><b>Hirst</b> - Yorkshire<br /><b>Kingwell, Bulley, Bunce</b> - Devon<br /><b>Sample</b> - Northumberland, Durham<br /><b>Shipp</b> - Gloucester<br /><b>MacGillivray, Grant, Forbes, McBean</b> - Scotland