Author Topic: Help with Family Tree Maker V.10 needed  (Read 1668 times)

Offline neilsmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Help with Family Tree Maker V.10 needed
« on: Thursday 27 October 05 15:26 BST (UK) »
When importing photos from file into the Scrapbook, the 'system' puts first photo in No. 1 space, import second photo and it moves No. 1 into No. 2 space so that in the end the first photo you imput ends up as the last.  The only way I can find to alter this is to date the pictures and then they go in chronological order.  Trouble is, sometimes you do not know the dates of the pictures, particularly if they are of older relatives.  I have tried clicking on the photos and moving them to where I want them, but FTM 10 doesn't allow this.  Or is it me ?  Has anyone found a way of moving pictures within the scrapbook into what position they want them?  Sorry this is long-winded and I hbope you know what I'm talking about.  It is frustrating me to death !!!

Offline SheilaM

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Family Tree Maker V.10 needed
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 October 05 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi

I had the same problem and was advised to:

When in the scrapbook click the frame that you want to insert the picture into.

Eg   If you already have three pictures in the scrapbook and you want to put one in the first frame just click the first frame and insert new picture, it will move all the others along.

Hope this helps.

Sheila

LANCS Rochdale: Sanderson, Burke. Crompton/Shaw: Robinson, Walkden, Swann<br />Oldham: Sandiford, Mitchell<br />STAFFS Willenhall/Cheslyn Hay: Stokes, Broom<br />SOMERSET: Bath:  Broom/Hawkins/Plowman/Roberts/West<br />YORKS: Gibson, Helliwell<br />IRELAND: Burke, Holmes<br />USA/Canada: Sanderson<br />WILTSHIRE: Hawkins<br /><br />All census information is Crown Copyright

Offline neilsmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 28 October 05 11:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sheila.  Actually it is the first place that the system automatically places any picture.  Do you mean, for example, that if I want to place a picture between say frame 4 and 5 that already contain pictures, that I click on 5 and then import picture and it will move the present 5 to 6?  Sorry to sound so useless but computers etc. are not my forte.  I think my problem is I am too afraid of 'throwing a spanner in the works' that  dare not try things in case I 'lose' it.  I am the kiss of death to computers, really I am !! 

Offline SheilaM

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 October 05 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi again

Yes, that sounds more like what I was trying to say.  I'm a novice myself and that is the only way I can find to place a picture where I want it.  There is probably another way using the menu's but I am coping OK with this method.

I've just had another go on a scrapbook where I had 3 pictures.  I wanted to place another picture in frame 2 so I clicked on 2, inserted a picture and it moved 2 and 3 along.

I think the key is to click the frame where you want your picture to appear and all the other pictures will move along.

Good luck.

Sheila

LANCS Rochdale: Sanderson, Burke. Crompton/Shaw: Robinson, Walkden, Swann<br />Oldham: Sandiford, Mitchell<br />STAFFS Willenhall/Cheslyn Hay: Stokes, Broom<br />SOMERSET: Bath:  Broom/Hawkins/Plowman/Roberts/West<br />YORKS: Gibson, Helliwell<br />IRELAND: Burke, Holmes<br />USA/Canada: Sanderson<br />WILTSHIRE: Hawkins<br /><br />All census information is Crown Copyright

Offline neilsmum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 October 05 17:34 BST (UK) »
Sheila  -  Many many thanks.  I'm going to give it a go later this evening.  Thanks again.