Author Topic: David Glanffrwd GRIFFITHS  (Read 1490 times)

Offline David Poole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
David Glanffrwd GRIFFITHS
« on: Saturday 05 November 05 22:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi  ,
I am  trying to  find the  birthplace  of  my  wifes  grandfather David  Glanffrwd  Griffiths  ( born circa 1893 ).
He  died  at  his  daughters  home  in  Harlech , N.Wales on  the  19/01/1952  at  the  age of  59 .
The  only  clue  we  have is  that  he  said  he  had  family in  the  Swansea area .
Thanks ,
Dave.

Offline buttonmoon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: David Glanffrwd GRIFFITHS
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 November 05 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave, do you have any idea what his Parents names were? Or any siblings? Kate.
Cavan - FLYNN & NEARY
Donegal - O'DONNELL
Dublin - BRADY, GREEN, NEILL & ST LEGER
Kerry - CRIMEEN, CROWLY & DONOGHUE
Longford - FLYNN, WHELAN & DAVIS
Sligo - FLYNN & HEALY
Wicklow - CLARE, COLEY, CRIMEEN, CUNNIAM, DOYLE, FLYNN, MURPHY, O'BYRNE & SUTTON
Devon, Som, Glam & Mon - BISSETT
Gloucs, Glam & Mon - ROBERTS
Here, Brec & Mon - WATKINS
Mon - ISRAEL, LEWIS, MATTHEWS, MORGAN & PROBERT
Salop & Mon - EVANS
Census info is crown copyright www.nationalarchives.co

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 November 05 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Might be a bit tricky.

I would suggest getting hold of the daughters birth certificate. That will give her mothers name and maiden name. You can then look for the marriage (and order the cert) for David.

The marriage cert will give his fathers name and fathers occupation. Also where David was living at the time (with a bit of luck still with his parents, or at least in the same parish).

Armed with this info, you should be able to find them in 1901.

A bit long winded, but thats the route I took for my "John Williams" where all I had was the date he died (in 1949) and how old he was.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline David Poole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 November 05 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Dap D ,
Thanks for your interest and constructive advice , I  have already tried to to trace a record of his marriage to Elizabeth Thomas for  the  three  years prior  to the  date  of  his  wifes  first born in 1920 . But no luck, there are many David Griffiths married to Thomas .
But  I  have just found  a  photograph of  him  in the  uniform  of  The Royal Welch Fusiliers taken 1915 in Egypt .
So now I think he  was  probably married  before  he  enlisted , he was  about  21  in  1914 , so I shall  look  for a  match  in  the  marriage  records  from  about  1913 onwards .
If I  have  any  luck  I  shall  let  you  know .
Thanks  again ,
Dave .

Offline David Poole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 November 05 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi slickbuton81 ,

No  I  dont know his parents names or if he had siblings , I  am hoping that if I can trace one relative or his fathers name from a marriage  certificate , I might find the rest on the 1901 census .

Dave .

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 November 05 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II