Author Topic: Marriage Look Up in Cloughton 1741 - Complete Thanks  (Read 706 times)

Offline JosiahS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Marriage Look Up in Cloughton 1741 - Complete Thanks
« on: Monday 07 November 05 14:58 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find details of a marriage in Cloughton in 1771.

The groom was Isaac Billingsley and the bride Hannah Raw/Row

I've found the marriage in the index at the Society of Genealogists library but it only gives years, so if anyone has access to the register and could give me more details I'd really appreciate it.

In particular I'm trying to find out where Isaac came from (I've found Hannah's birth in Scarborough)
DU: Jones, Miller, Laverick, Orwin, Burn, Finlay, Robson, Robinson, Jobling, Fenwick, Spoor, Saunders, Billingsley, Appleby
NB: Pickard, Gilchrist, Curry, Heron, Thompson, Bell, Henderson, Aynsley
CU: Bell, Armstrong, Parker
SY: Saunders, Bartlett, Ellis
SX: Bartlett, Cager
BK: Saunders
NY: Miller (Swaledale), Raw
ALL CENSUS INFORMATION CONTAINED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Look Up in Cloughton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 November 05 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Couldn't find wedding but did find a birth don't know if it is of any help...
Isaac Billingsly 2 April 1759 St Sepulchre London...parents John- Letitia
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 November 05 16:02 GMT (UK) »
If I am on the right track Isaac had two siblings
Mary  christening 13 Jun 1754 St Sepulchre
John Christening 2 Feb 1762 St Sepulchre
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JosiahS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 November 05 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

I'd spotted that birth on the IGI but it would have made him 12 years old when he married so I've discounted it.  The problem is that the IGI doesn't seem to cover that area of Yorkshire over the right dates.

He and his wife had one son in Cloughton in 1772 and then moved to Ryton in Durham where the rest of their family was born.  Most of the family seem to have been involved in metalwork of some type.

If anyone does get a chance to view the original register and could tell me what the full entry is I'd be very grateful
DU: Jones, Miller, Laverick, Orwin, Burn, Finlay, Robson, Robinson, Jobling, Fenwick, Spoor, Saunders, Billingsley, Appleby
NB: Pickard, Gilchrist, Curry, Heron, Thompson, Bell, Henderson, Aynsley
CU: Bell, Armstrong, Parker
SY: Saunders, Bartlett, Ellis
SX: Bartlett, Cager
BK: Saunders
NY: Miller (Swaledale), Raw
ALL CENSUS INFORMATION CONTAINED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk