Author Topic: look up 1841/51  (Read 888 times)

Offline raine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
look up 1841/51
« on: Monday 07 November 05 23:20 GMT (UK) »
can someone please look for a Reuben Hewitt[or Hewett/Huet/Huett]quite a few spelling to this surname,he was born c1825/27 in Llanarthney Carmarthen,his parents were William/Edith Hewett,there were other children,Jeminah c1822,Henry c1825,Isaac c1830,Maria c1834,i know he came to swansea a little after 1861,so anything in the carmarthen census before then i be gratful for,thxs lorraine
bristol, walker.
newport, podger
glamorgan, Gwilliam,jones,price,williams,baker,francis.
scotland,mcarthur,slimmon,revie,drummon
cornwall,jenkin,cook

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Margaret Richardson (nee Robinson)
    • View Profile
Re: look up 1841/51
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 November 05 23:12 GMT (UK) »

Ruben Huitt living in Bridge Street, Llandilo in the Parish of Llandilofawr working as a servant to a Lewis family (occupation Ostler)

Checked spelling on census image and it is shown as above

HO107/2471/387/12
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br /><br />Swansea (Glamorgan) - Reynish/Johnson<br />Yorkshire/Durham - Pinkney/Richardson/Robinson/Gill<br />Wiltshire - Hibberd<br />London/Surrey - Clark<br />Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire - Spencer, Broughton, Sprigg, Martin<br />Cornwall - Sowden<br />Herefordshire/Shropshire/Wales - Worrall<br />Essex - Saville<br />Dorset - Atkins, Govier<br />Devon - Wakely, Parsons

Offline raine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 November 05 00:48 GMT (UK) »
davidpinkney,thxs ever so much,would you be able to give me the family names/age's that he lived in the house with, as the lewis family I think are linked to him,hope this isnt to much trouble,thxs again Lorraine
bristol, walker.
newport, podger
cornwall,jenkin,cook

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Margaret Richardson (nee Robinson)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 13 November 05 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br /><br />Swansea (Glamorgan) - Reynish/Johnson<br />Yorkshire/Durham - Pinkney/Richardson/Robinson/Gill<br />Wiltshire - Hibberd<br />London/Surrey - Clark<br />Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire - Spencer, Broughton, Sprigg, Martin<br />Cornwall - Sowden<br />Herefordshire/Shropshire/Wales - Worrall<br />Essex - Saville<br />Dorset - Atkins, Govier<br />Devon - Wakely, Parsons

Offline raine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 13 November 05 14:23 GMT (UK) »
davidpinkney,I looked at the bmd Llandilofawr area after you posted the 1st reply,and thxs to you, i found Reuben Hewett marriage to a Dinah Owens Dec 1855,also from the Llandilofawr area,so thxs ever so much anyway for your help,Lorraine
bristol, walker.
newport, podger
cornwall,jenkin,cook