Author Topic: 1851 census somerset  (Read 1052 times)

Offline jenniferh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851 census somerset
« on: Wednesday 01 September 04 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi am new to rootschat so if I get anything wrong please feel free to tell me, I am asking if anyone can please point me in the right direction for a lookup on the 1851 census for Bridgewater, Somerset.. I am desperately seeking a Thomas POLE/POOL/POOLE says on later census' he was born Bridgewater abt 1832!.. other info. says he was a bit of a rogue so hope he gave the right place and year of birth. Any suggestion's or idea's gratefully received. :) 

Offline bloo-peepers

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census somerset
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 September 04 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen, I did a search for all three surnames on the 1851 Bridgwater census.  There were no Thomas Pool's, there were no Thomas Poole's, there was one Thomas Pole aged 17, details below.

POLE   George   64   Brickyard Labourer Bridgewater, Som.
Page/Folio 60/34
POLE   Mary   58 Bridgewater, Som.
Thomas   17 Brickyard Labourer Bridgewater, Som.
Francis 15 Brickyard Labourer Bridgewater, Som.
William Grandson 7 Bridgewater, Som.
JARVIS Robert Grandson 6 Bridgewater, Som.
POLE Flora Daughter in Law Married 31 Bridgewater, Som.
Elizabeth    Granddaughter   10 Bridgewater, Som.
James Grandson 6 Bridgewater, Som. 
William Grandson 4 Hampshire Winterhall   
John Grandson 5 France B.S. 
Charlotte Granddaughter   2 Yorks Doncaster 
Thomas Grandson 3m Bath 

The only way to be sure that this one is "yours" is if you know the names of his parents or siblings.
Best wishes
Di xx

Offline jenniferh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census somerset
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 December 04 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Di, 3 months down the line I have found the reply you sent to my lookup request.. I was away on hol when you posted and completely forgot about it by the time I got back!! Anyway havn't got time at the moment to check out the result against data I already have but am confident he is my Thomas Pole as by 1871 he is a brickmaker in Sheffield .
Thank you so much for your efforts I never cease to be amazed at how kind and helpful genealogists are.. Happy New Year and a fab 2005.
Kind regards, Jen    xx ;)