Author Topic: Alexander Allan from Aberdeen COMPLETED  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Alexander Allan from Aberdeen COMPLETED
« on: Thursday 17 November 05 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Guys,

I am looking for info on Alexander Allan born 24th February 1882 to Lessel Allan & Mary McIntosh Allan at Auchindoir, Aberdeenshire.  It is beleived he went to South Africa in the early 1900s.  He comes from a right tribe of kids.
I have lots of info on the Allan's of Aberdeen, Inverurie, Huntly & Auchindoir including a whole bundle of info on the ones who went to Canada & America.

If you have any info on this guy drop me a line please,

Swally

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Allan from Aberdeen
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 November 06 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Guys,

I have now found the death of Alexander, 27th March 1943 in Hamburg Sanitorium Philadelphia United Sates of America from TB.

Many thanks to all who chipped in with thoughts and ideas.

Swally

Offline sarahanne30

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Allan from Aberdeen COMPLETED
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 September 11 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Swally

I am the Great Granddaughter of Alfred Allan, a son of Mary McIntosh's and Lessel Stephen Allan.  I was wondering if you could help me with my research (could be wrong, I am a beginner) shows Lessel's parents as Alexander Allan and Jane Middleton and Alexander's parents and Jean and James Allan, although I have seen on a website as Alexander's wife's name recorded as Isabel Jamieson.   Any help would be much appreciated.
Allan
Taylor

Offline Swally

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 September 11 19:52 BST (UK) »
Sara,

I have sent you a personal meaasage.

But here goes anyway -

Alfred Allan was born on the 21st of June (same day as me) 1897 at 5 a.m at Lumsdon Auchindoir, to Lessel Stephen Allan (farm servant) and Mary Allan (m.s. McIntosh), Mary registered the birth on the 10th of July 1897.

Lessel & Mary were married December 10th at Milton, Auchindoir in 1881.
Lessel was aged 18 and Mary 23 years of age.  Lessel was a farm servant and she was a domestic servant.  Lessel's father was a Alexander Allan a farm servant, his mother Jane Allan had a middle name of Middleton.
Mary's parents were, Adam McIntosh a crofter and Jane (m.s. Law) the witnesses were John Reid and Eliza McIntosh.
From the Mormon site I have found that Alexander Allan & Jane Middleton were married 01 January 1854 in Chapel of Gairioch, Aberdeen

They also had children -

Alexander - 1875 - 1934
Andrew 1874
Francis - 1871 - 1941
Ann - 1869
Lessel - 1868 - 1940
Isabella Stephen 1865
George -1861
James - 1859
William - 1857 -
Jane

I have some pictures of Lessel & Isabella Allan

Offline higgsy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 November 20 16:36 GMT (UK) »
I know this is an old post but am posting to try and connect with Sarahanne30. Alfred Allan was my grt uncle and would love to exchange information

Regards Norma