Author Topic: Photos of Llangyfelach Rd, Swansea, anyone?  (Read 14886 times)

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Photos of Llangyfelach Rd, Swansea, anyone?
« on: Friday 18 November 05 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I have been researching my father's family in Swansea, & wondered if anyone here had any photos of Llangyfelach Rd at the turn of the century?

My father Evan Douglas Wilson, (1896-1957) lived at:

Y Plas, Llangyfelach Rd, Swansea until 1934.

I understand that the house is still there, but is now an old people's home.

Hoping that someone can help,

Cheers, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline becky.g

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Photos of Llangyfelach Rd, Swansea, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 December 05 17:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Romilly,

I would be very interested to know if you have found any photos.  My Grandfather (born 1924) lived on that street as a small child, but many of our relations were on surrounding streets.

I will keep my eyes open as I am researching family in the area and let you know if I come across anything.

Regards
Becky

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 December 05 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Romilly,
I would be very interested to know if you have found any photos.  My Grandfather (born 1924) lived on that street as a small child, but many of our relations were on surrounding streets.
I will keep my eyes open as I am researching family in the area and let you know if I come across anything.
Regards
Becky

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the reply.

No, - I haven't found any photos as yet...but I am still looking.

I'll post them on here if I find any:-)

All Best Wishes, Romilly.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline sha61

• I have chosen not to receive new notifications
  • RootsChat Extra
  • the reed family (swansea)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 February 06 12:39 GMT (UK) »
hi there, i have a few books on old photos of morriston and the surronding areas, i will have a look through, and post anything that may intrest you..
smith.. reed.. williams.. collier.. griffiths.. swansea

manchester.. clark.. sugg.. roach.. knight

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 12 February 06 13:31 GMT (UK) »
hi there, i have a few books on old photos of morriston and the surronding areas, i will have a look through, and post anything that may intrest you..

Hello there,

Thats very kind of you.

Many thanks, Romilly.
Researching:

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 June 06 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I visited Swansea this May, & managed to find Y Plas. It is definately the house built by my Grandfather, William James Wilson, & lived in by my family until the early 1930's. I'm attaching a photo of the sign at the entrance.

Romilly.
Researching:

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 25 August 08 20:07 BST (UK) »
And this is the other entrance to 'Y Plas'

Romilly. (Still looking for photos of this road in the 1900's or so).
Researching:

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 15 June 13 22:58 BST (UK) »
SNIP ..  ..
Romilly. (Still looking for photos of this road in the 1900's or so).

Hi Romilly,

I realise the above comment is now some years old but I wonder if you are still looking for photographs of Llangyfelach Road (Treboeth & Brynhyfryd) circa 1900's?

I wonder if you had thought of contacting Andre Scoville 'The Morriston Historian' he is a mine of information about, and holds a collection of photographs principally of Morriston (a neighbouring community) going back several generations.

Who knows? He may have photographs of neighbouring communities such as Treboeth & Brynhyfryd.

Andre can be contacted via AndreMorriston [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com - If the presentation of this email address is removed by the moderators please contact me via personal message.

JohnG, Llangyfelach, Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 16 June 13 18:58 BST (UK) »

Hello JohnG,

Yes, I did contact Andre a while back. I remember that he was interested in the wet colloidon print, (on glass) that I have of my Great Grandparents from Morriston.

I don't think that he had any photos of the area of Llangyfelach Road arounf 'Y Plas' though...

Best Wishes, Romilly.
Researching: