Author Topic: 1841  (Read 1809 times)

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« on: Tuesday 22 November 05 12:52 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for Samuel Hall b c 1798  and wife Sarah, they  are likely to be in the Kettering or sourrounding areas, in 51 Samuel was in Rounds, a widower.

Any help really appreciated.

Patrish.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Pam Mellor

• My email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1841
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 November 05 15:39 GMT (UK) »
Have found the following in the 1841 Census for Raunds, Northamptonshire:

Church Lane, Raunds
Samuel Hall 45 Shoemaker b. Northants
Appears to be living alone.

High Street, Raunds
Sarah Hall 60 Pauper
George Hall 20 Ag. Labourer
Ann Hall 15
William Hall 3
All b. Northants

Hope it helps!
Pam
Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 November 05 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pam,

Yes this is very helpful, I am sure it is them, I had no idea she was that much older but it works out right for thier marriage in 1812, my gt grandfather also was only 16 or 17 when he married.  The children with her concern me a bit George would be b 1821, Ann 1826 and where did the William aged 3 come from.?

Patrish
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 22 November 05 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi patrish

On the 1851 Census it says Samuel is aged 55 from Dean Beds

Only death in Raunds that would match Sarah in the Parish Church is No 592 24 Feb 1843 Sarah Hall aged 60.

In the Baptist Church  No 30 1 Jun 1843 a Sarah Hall died.

Non conformists in Raunds were larger than those who went to the Parish Church.

Are you aware of any children names to your gt grandparents in case you wish for further help.

Cheers Sandy

Census Crown Copyright

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 November 05 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandy,

That is the right marriage in St.Peters, Kettering, I know this because the parish registers have not been deposited at the records office and I had to pay the church to do a search.  There were 7 children baptized there but no actual date of births given.

Thomas 10.10.1813
Samuel 3.7.1815 (died)
Joseph 3.7. 1815
Charlotte 5.7. 1819 (died)
John 5.7. 1829
Samuel 5.7. 1829 (my gt. grandfather)
Sarah 5.7.1829

Evidently it was a Kettering custom for children to be baptized near the Church's feast day which is St.Peters day 29th of June.

My gt. grandfather married very young 16/17 in 1840 also non conformist, Baptist meeting Kettering.

Patrish

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 November 05 00:37 GMT (UK) »
Pam found a Samuel and a Sarah on 41 and Carole W found Samuel on 51.

Apologies to you both for forgetting.

Patrish..

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 November 05 00:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi patrish

My grand father sang in the choir at Toller Baptist Church and had  an entry in the paper when he died listing  his children (15 in all although some died) so would have been a big help if I had not known of them. Long after your family though.  :)

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 23 November 05 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandy,

What a co-incidence, the other Baptist I understand is Fuller  ,I  actually phoned Kettering Council to find the names of all the churches and phoned each one, I had some help from a Mrs Jean Rolfe from the local family history group,  but at that time I did not know that a Cordwainer was the same occupation as a Shoemaker, so I missed them, also I hasten to add I did not know of Rootschat back then, which was a great pity.

I am inclined to think that the Sarah Hall aged 60 is not my 2 x gt Grandmother, as children do not fit  but the Samuel  aged 45 living Hall living alone is , what is your opinion and does anyone else have one?

Think I might have to send for the death of Sarah Hall in 1838 as he appears to be alone in 41 and 51

Patrish.