Author Topic: Antique maps and engravings  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Antique maps and engravings
« on: Saturday 04 September 04 10:08 BST (UK) »
Hi there. I am a Rootschat member and Admin has suggested that I give you details of my web-site. Southernprints is a long-established dealer in old maps and engravings by mail order. One of our specialties is finding the right map for people researching their roots. We also sell hundreds of engravings of old buildings, castles, churches, even whole cities and city plans for the same purpose. Our site is particularly easy to navigate - I built it myself and I am old and doddery so it had to be simple.
If you see something on our site - over 7000 original items listed! - quote ROOTSCHAT and we will give you a special 10% discount.
We will give you great service - Victor [a.k.a. Hackstaple]

Just click on this link: www.southernprints.co.uk

Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: Antique maps and engravings
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 October 04 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hack,

What a great site.   ;D

I have sent ages on there browsing through your very impressive catalogue.

I have submitted an enquiry as I would be interested in prints from my areas of particular interest,  Bampton,  Devon and Tiddenham,  Monmouthshire.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 October 04 17:14 BST (UK) »
Dear Kazza
Rootschat is a great site - mine pales in comparison. I will have to look through some stuff I have not yet catalogued but I can tell you that I don't ever remember an engraving of Bampton.
Yours ever
Victor a.k.a. Hackstaple
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 October 04 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hackstable,

I really did enjoy your site,  I love the prints you have posted on there,  it is a fascinating and informative site for someone as new to family history as I am. 

I feared that Bampton would be too small a hamlet for anyone to bother etching it.  ;D When I know the area better I will know if any of your other prints would be of interest to me.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.