Author Topic: Parish Records for Britford 1822  (Read 14544 times)

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records for Britford 1822
« Reply #18 on: Monday 05 September 05 04:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Dave,
Had lots of success with your HAWKE family! Mary Elizabeth Hawke died 22/3/1881 aged 37 yrs.

John and Mary Elizabeth Hawke had the following children:

Edith Maria Hawke b 30/11/1875 at Hawker Creek died 18/4/1877 16 months,
Frederick Stanley b 16/8/1879 Kapunda died 28/11/1892 aged 13 yrs,
William Herbert b 16/6/1870 at Hawker Creek. can't find death or marriage.
Richard Sydney b 14/4/1873 at Hawker Creek married at age 26 to Alice Louisa TWELLS. Alice was 24 and her father's name was James.  They married at Church of Christ Kapunda.on 5/7/1899. They had a son named Harry HAWKE b 23/8/1901 in Kapunda and Harry married at aged 25 on 26/2/1927 at St Paul's Adelaide to Lily LEE aged 25.  Her father's name was Samuel. (Richard and Alice probabaly had more children after 1906)
Sarah Jane HAWKE b 13/12/1868 at Hawker Creek and died 29/9/1915 at Kapunda. Sarah married at age 24 to William Grose ROBINS also 24 on 1/11/1893 at Kapunda. William's fathers name was also William and they married at the residence of Rees, Rees, Kapunda.
Sarah and William had the follwing children:
Edwin Maurice ROBINS b 2/12/1902 at Kapunda and he married at age 24 to Grace Alice Goodfellow aged 22 on 4/12/1926 at St Phillips Kapunda. Grace's father's name was Edward Patrick Goodfellow.
Effie May b 30/5/1894 at Kapunda. Can't find death or marriage.
Lina Marion b 25/1/1904 at Kapunda.  Can't find death or marriage.
Winifred Ida b 31/7/1898 at Kapunda.  Winifred married at aged 28 to Sydney HITCHENS aged 31 at the Cong church Kapunda on 16/7/1927. Father's name was John Henry HITCHENS.
Mary Juan b 1913 and died 25/10/1913 at Kapunda aged 8 mths.
Sarah and William could have had more children between 1906 and 1913. I only picked up Mary Juan because she was in the deaths.

Dave, can you remember which villages you visited around Woodford for my Lawrence and Mary NORTH so I don't double up?

Enjoy the warmer weather! It's a lovely spring day here in OZ.

Best wishes
Karenn :D
Durnford and  Woodford in Wiltshire, Leckford, Stockbridge and Basingstoke in Hampshire. North, Waters, Davis, Alsop/Sopp, Hayter, Harris, Dear, Dyke, Stride and Wright.

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 05 September 05 10:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenn, many thanks for the Hawke info - you have been busy!  It's uncanny that my brother in law lived in Kapunda for many years and both his children were born there!   This was well before I knew of the Hawke connection.   Thanks to you I shall be adding to the Hawke family on Tribal Pages in the coming weeks.
I'm sorry I can't remember which parishes I looked at for the Norths, but they were the ones immediately next to Woodford.   The Record Office has an outline map of the county and I just selected the ones around Woodford such as Berwick St James and Durnford, I think.   Memory is fading fast.
We've had a glorious summer here but now's the time to go.
Kind regards Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 September 05 12:18 BST (UK) »
Karenn, I had to go to the local library to return books and they had a map of the Wiltshire parishes.   Here are the ones I looked at:
South Newton, Stapleford, Berwick St James, Wilsford cum Lake and Durnford.
Regards Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Karenn

• RootsChat Member
  • The NORTH Crest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 06 November 05 06:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dave,
How was your holiday? Nicely tanned? ;D

Thanks for looking those up but I decided to hire a british researcher to look for my Lawrence and Mary.  (Time was running out)
He has looked in his million or so records of Wiltshire and tells me they didn't get married there.

So he's investigating in Hampshire at the moment.

Thanks for your interest. :D

Cheers
Karenn
Durnford and  Woodford in Wiltshire, Leckford, Stockbridge and Basingstoke in Hampshire. North, Waters, Davis, Alsop/Sopp, Hayter, Harris, Dear, Dyke, Stride and Wright.

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 07 November 05 09:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karenn
Good to hear from you.   Weather's still great and I have less than 4 weeks to go.   If you need any more help in Wiltshire in December let me know.
Hope the research in Hampshire goes well.
Cheers Dave 8)

Offline DeanneandTony

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 13 August 09 05:23 BST (UK) »
There are some Hawke gravestones in both the Summertown and Mt Lofty Cemetery.  I am more than happy to take any photos you would like.

Maria Jane Hawke and her husband Peter Jarrett built the house in which I live, at least one of the children was born here.  I have some connections to both families by marriage and there are still a number of Hawkes and Jarretts in the district.  Maria's great nephews still own and farm the surrounding properties.

Deanne
Hanchant/Hanchett: Herts, Essex (all counties as all related)
Hanchant, Gillespie, Williams : South Africa
Nichols: Norfolk
Middleton: Kent
Little: Gloucestershire
Lander: Glasgow
Brown: Glasgow
Collison: Ireland
Meeres, Burke : Canada
Bagnell:

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 13 August 09 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Deanne, good to hear from you and thank you for your kind offer.   I'm not familiar with the area but I am especially interested in Jane Renfrey (my 4th grt grandmother), her daughter and son in law and some of their children.   All I believe died in Kapunda.

Jane Renfrey died 19 Jun 1853 in Adelaide age abt 74 born Kea, Cornwall

Richard Hawke bur 22 Sep 1868, Kapunda ag about 60, his wife Jane (or Jenefer) Hawke bur 28 Feb 1876 Kapunda age abt 70

Richard Hawke died abt 1851 Kapunda age abt 29
John Hawke died 12 Dec 1906 Kapunda age abt 66
Maria Mead died 7 Apr 1871 Kapunda age abt 24

I'll send a PM with my e-mail if that would be more convenient.

Cheers Dave

Offline DeanneandTony

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 17 August 14 13:00 BST (UK) »
I live in Maria Hawkes home in Uraidla if that's a help! :-)

Hanchant/Hanchett: Herts, Essex (all counties as all related)
Hanchant, Gillespie, Williams : South Africa
Nichols: Norfolk
Middleton: Kent
Little: Gloucestershire
Lander: Glasgow
Brown: Glasgow
Collison: Ireland
Meeres, Burke : Canada
Bagnell:

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 17 August 14 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Deanne, good to hear from you again.   It's most interesting that you live in Maria's home.   Any information most helpful.

Regards from sunny Spain, Dave