Author Topic: Completley stuck !! ANY help gratefully received  (Read 35050 times)

Offline Tracey2216

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Completley stuck !! ANY help gratefully received
« Reply #171 on: Monday 04 December 06 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello again to everyone on rootschat
Its been quite a while since i posted but i did promise all of you who helped me so much way back earlier this year that when i went to Huddersfield i would post some pictures for you.
I finally got up there this weekend just gone. Before i went i spoke to a wonderful gentleman from cemeteries in Huddersfield. We discovered over the phone (he got all his big books out) that Mercy/Mary born Hitchcox formerly dance , then a spell as what appears to be a  bogus clarkon and passed away Mercy Sarah Walker was laid to rest in section 3b No 51 in Edgerton cemetery. This very kind chap went to the trouble of actually going to the exact spot and putting a wooden stake in the ground for me at the head of the grave on the Friday as i was going on the Saturday so that i could see the exact 'spot'.
Sadly no headstone but i didnt expect one (but it would of been nice). he told me it was a public grave and there would of been 4 maybe 5 other strangers gone into No51 along with her.
It was very moving going there even though there wasn't a stone to read and just wanted to share with you all who helped me so much.
Tracey
(if the pics come out oversized could some kind soul resize them please) thankyou. Just noticed can only attach 2 pics per posting so will put another 2 on after

Offline Tracey2216

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Monday 04 December 06 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Another 2 pictures  :)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Monday 04 December 06 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Tracey,
that's very moving - thanks. How kind of that man too - he obviously did not need to do that and it is heartening to hear.
best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tracey,

Glad you managed to get there and pay your respects after such a long and involved search.

It must be the Christmas spirit which is making people very helpful, what a lovely man to go to all that trouble for you.

Best wishes
Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Online janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tracey
So glad you were able to visit her. Thank you for posting - there is something terribly moving about that stake. What a kind thing for him to do :)
Best wishes
Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Tracey2216

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Heywood , Mary and Jan,
Yes it was ever so kind of him , very moving going there and at one point i felt quite emotional, but had a very pleasant couple of hrs there wandering round with my ever suffering Hubby and the dogs.
I now feel that i can draw a little line under that branch for the time being if you know what i mean.
Think i may spend this winter season trying my dads side ....... Taylors from London (sounds scarey) with very little to go on !! ..... still i know where to come when i get stuck haha
I wish you all a very very Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2007
P.S Jan ... brought the stick home with me and will probably never part with it  ;)
Tracey

Offline MaryA

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • St Chads, Kirkby
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday 05 December 06 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tracey,

That little stick is going to provide you with inspiration in the future, if you ever feel you are stuck you can look at it and think - well if ever that was a brick wall flattened, that represents it!! ;D

A Happy Christmas to you too and a very successful new year.

Mary
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from The National Archives <br />Lunt (Wavertree/West Derby), Forshaw (West Derby), Richardson (Knowsley), Kent (Cheshire), <br />Cain (Hertfordshire, London), Larkins (Bedfordshire, London), Nunn (London), Lenton, Hillyard (Bedfordshire), <br />Parle, Lambert, Furlong, Wafer (Wexford)<br />Special separate interest in Longford (Blackrock, Dublin)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: Monday 24 November 08 20:53 GMT (UK) »
could be land
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline loulou19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: Monday 16 July 12 13:05 BST (UK) »
I know this is a really old topic but I've had the link sent by jbee...he spotted my message on ancestry asking for help regarding my great great grandfather Robert England who I'd been trying to trace for some time, unsuccessfully.  Turns out he changed his name from Hitchcox to his mothers maiden name England which is why I came to a standstill with my research.  I was delighted to read through all your messages, although the relative you are discussing is a step removed from my ancestor, I believe it makes Mercy my great great aunt?  I find it all so exciting!  I would love for you to get in touch Tracey

Looking forward to hearing from you hopefully

Louise