Author Topic: GREEN family. CORCREENY TOWNLAND.  (Read 6688 times)

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • From the WILLIAM GREEN & LETITIA WARING line.
    • View Profile
GREEN family. CORCREENY TOWNLAND.
« on: Friday 09 December 05 02:28 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information on my GREEN family who lived in the CORCREENY TOWNLAND area.   My research period is between 1630 and 1960.   They attended the Church of Ireland.   I already have various records from the P.R.O.N.I. but would welcome any other records which might be available.
GREEN. Waringstown, Corcreeny, Magherana, Magheralin, Aghalee, Aghagallon, Crumlin, Seagoe, Lurgan, (Northern Ireland).

WARING. Waringstown House, Co. Down (Northern Ireland).

GREEN. Toowoomba, Maryborough, Gladstone, Pittsworth, Aubigny, Kilcoy, Toowong, Brisbane, Buddina (Queensland, Australia).

GREEN. (New South Wales, Northern Territory, & Western Australia).

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: GREEN family. CORCREENY TOWNLAND.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 December 05 06:07 GMT (UK) »
MrGreen:
just in case you don't have it, here is a link to Ros Davies's site with a listing of Greens in Down.   http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rosdavies/SURNAMES/G/Green.htm

Good luck,

Pat
Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland

Offline OTTO

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 December 05 08:13 GMT (UK) »
Father:  Thomas Green   
Mother:  Martha Jane Wetherall 
Children:
 1. Mary Ann Green - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Birth: 04 MAR 1875 Corcreany, , Down, Ireland

2. RICHARD GREEN - International Genealogical Index

Father:  Richard Green   
Mother:  Eliza Jane McConnell Green 
children:
 1. Margaret Green - International Genealogical Index

2. Richard Green - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Birth: 16 DEC 1880 Aghayallon, , Antrim, Ireland

3. George Green - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Birth: 18 SEP 1878 Corcreany, , Down, Ireland 

Father:  John Green   
Mother:  Mary Ann Nicholson Green 
children:
Edward Green - International Genealogical Index

OTTO

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 09 December 05 08:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks.  I had already seen Ros Davies County Down pages some time ago.  I welcome any information though.
GREEN. Waringstown, Corcreeny, Magherana, Magheralin, Aghalee, Aghagallon, Crumlin, Seagoe, Lurgan, (Northern Ireland).

GREEN. Toowoomba, Maryborough, Gladstone, Pittsworth, Aubigny, Kilcoy, Toowong, Brisbane, Buddina (Queensland, Australia).

Offline MRGREEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 09 December 05 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very very much OTTO for those records.  The 2nd Richard Green that you listed was my Great Great Grandfather.  I have many records about him already.   I will investigate the other GREEN records you have listed.

Offline joylittle123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 05 September 16 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have also been doing research on my family genelogy. I wanted to post this to see if anyone knew anything about a Henry Watson he is my ancestor info have says he was born at  Corcreeny also he immigrated to the United States 1854-1857. Not sure if Henry is first name or middle name everything have found says Henry also been unable to obtain a birth certificate because nobody knows for sure when he was born have a estimate of year he was born  Birth: Feb. 17, 1833-1836.

His parents we know for sure his father's name was George Watson and his mother uncertain but is believed to be Margaret Watson. George Watson parents was indicated to be William & Elizabeth Watson? not verified so maybe. Henry Watson brother's know for sure were Uriah WATSON, Samuel Watson, we have letters dateing back to 1912 that were wrote to his brother Henry Watson and in 1923 Samuel Watson wrote his brother Henry a letter his address shows to be  his address: Ireland, County Down, Waringstown, Lurgan Road.  Samuel Watson children two boys and three girls:  Samuel Fredrick, Cecil, Eddith Elizabeth, Margaret and Easter.  Samuel WATSON kin: A address for Samuel Watson I have is On August 6, 1923 his address: Ireland, County Down, Waringstown, Lurgan Road. Samuel Fredrick (b: Feb 1914) Cecil is 18 months February 1922 son of Samuel Watson. It was also noted Cecil made a trip to Ireland in the 1968 to visit his Irish roots.  Samuel Watson also signed the Ulster Covenant it has he is from Corcreany. Letter have from nephew C. Watson think is Cecil dated April 29, 1946 (believe he must have lived in Ireland at the time and possibility later imigrated to the U.S. but his address it shows on envelope is 23 Flush Place Lurgan Co Armagh.Samuel Watson wife is Elizabeth "Elizzie" or "Lizzie" .

We have a copy of a letter from nephew with no name given he refers them Dear Uncle & Aunt  This letter was also obtained from Henry Watson's possession. 1913 - letter was addressed to "Aunt and Uncle" (to: Henry WATSON & Margaret Frances HAMMONDS),  return address is Hill Street, Banbridge, Co. Down, Ireland and was unsigned and dated September 22, 1913. 1911 name address from James CARSON. Another letter 1926 speaks of John Henry CARSON. Carson could be related but again not confirmed.

We also believe there is a stong likely case that Henry Watson also had more siblings we believe possibily a brother name David Watson and John Strain.

We do know Henry Watson had a nephew name David Watson. Sinton Watson? Not verified son to David Watson.

Ancestor buried at Waringstown Church of Ireland Cemetery Country Down Northern Ireland.  I was told graveyard there just don't know who it is? Inside the church where the Cemetery is there is a plaque that has the name "Watson" on it entrance of the church.

Also I was able to find North of Lurgan on google it does not look the same as the 1968 photo I have where Henry Watson was born at Watson Lane Corcreeny, Ireland. Is there more than one Watson Lane?

Alot of unanswered questions. I have lots of info on Henry Watson once he came to the United States. It has been a challange getting info from Ireland.

I wanted to post this to see if anyone recognizes any of these names perhaps in their own researches if any of these names sound familiar to anyone. My email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 10:05 BST (UK) »
There is the following entry in the PRONI Will Calendars Index:

Watson Ada Elizabeth of 23 Flush Place Lurgan county Armagh widow died 2 November 1944 at the Hospital Lurgan Probate Belfast 26 February to Cecil Watson drapers assistant. Effects £132 19s. 3d.

http://apps.proni.gov.uk/DCAL_PRONI_WillsCalendar_IE/WillsSearch.aspx

GRONI online has the death record registered in Lurgan district under Elizabeth Watson with a reported age of 56, you can view it online (a 'Full view' for 5 credits includes a digitised image of an extract from the original certificate):

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

The occupier of 23 Flush Place  can be found in this 1959 Lurgan Residential Directory:

http://lurgan-ancestry.co.uk/index.php/the-lurgan-residential-directory-1959-2/

Offline joylittle123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 10:29 BST (UK) »

Thank you so much. I will for sure be checking this out this must be his wife because it was indicated from copy of letter I have with the same address. I only wish could find Henry Watson birth records which will be challenging considering the fact nobody knows for sure exact birth year we were told the birth month and day is correct just uncertain it is believed he was born between 1833-1836 a estimate and know his father's name mother's name not for sure. It has been easier finding records once he imigrated to the United States but, Ireland records have been a challenge. Thanks Debbie

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 18:46 BST (UK) »

There was a Uriah Watson who married a Jane Mohan on 4 November 1871 in Shankill (Church of Ireland) Parish Church in Lurgan, Uriah was a weaver living in 'Corcreany' and his father was given as George Watson (also a weaver), his wife Jane was living in Knocknashane, the daughter of William Mohan (also a weaver), one of the witnesses was a Mary Watson.  They had a daughter Anne Jane Watson on 1 February 1872 at Knocknashane, also a daughter Ellen at the same address on 23 May 1874.

Daughter Anne Jane married George McCollum in Richview Presbyterian Church Belfast on Christmas Eve 1898.  Daughter Ellen married Meredith Osborne in Shankill Parish Church Lurgan on 9 April 1897, hence this 1901 census return:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Armagh/Lurgan_Urban/Flush_Place/1025315/