Author Topic: James Mutch Udny 1812  (Read 5814 times)

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
Re: James Mutch Udny 1812
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 August 06 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hiya! Just been round to the graveyard and have mutch Mutch's for you!
Not sure if any are the particular one your looking for but they will undoubtedly be yours somewhere along the way 9this is only the tiniest of villages) I went through the whole graveyard and these are all the Mutch's that are buried there. Some are quite recent. I'll start with the older ones first. Everything here is exactly as it was written on the gravestones. Anything in [...] is a little note from me...11 stone in total i think.

In memory of John Cameron Rosehall Cottage, Pitmedden, Udny who died on the 7th day of Nov 1892 aged 90 yrs
Also of his wife Mary Mutch who died on the 18yj day of April 1882 aged 76 years. Also of their son John engineer who died aged 24 yrs and of thir daughter Agnes Rennie who died aged 45 yrs [this woman crops up a lot on some of the other gravstones]

Huge robust gravstone
Erected in memory of James Mutch and family
John Mutch who died Aug 23rd 1844 aged 24yrs
Alexander Mutch who died April 18th 1845 aged 26 yrs
Joseph Allan grandson who died Dec 15th 1858 aged 18 yrs
Ann Mutch who died Dec 7th 1859 aged 36 years
Agnes Rennie wife of James Mutch who died Oct 20th 1863 aged 78 yrs also John Cameron who died 31st march 1860 aged 24 yrs and the said james Mutch who died 8th Sept 1871 aged 82 yrs

Are you related to any Hardied or Camerons-cos they were on this stone too...

Big huge stone

Erected by Peter Mutch farmer, quarry, Udny in memory of his wife Isobella Ritshie who died 20th May 1876 aged 60yrs
Also the said Peter Mutch who died 2nd Nov 1880 aged 65 yrs also their son John who died 23rd Jan 1882 aged 35yrs

another quite big stone!
Erected by Alexander Mutch, Newmill, Keith-Hall [Near Inverurie] in memory of his sone Alexander who died 29th Aug 1877 aged 9 years

Huge gravestone with MUTCH in huge letters at bottom
Erected in loving memory of William Mutch who died at Cloisterseat Croft, Udny 11th March 1916 Age 65yrs
Also his wife Christina Anderson died 13th Sept 1940 Aged 90yrs

Huge gravestone with MUTCH in huge letters at bottom
Erected in memory of Peter Mutch who died at 23 Wallfield place, Aberdeen 11th Jan 1921 aged 80 yrs
Also his wife Catherine Taylor who died at Burnside Croft, Udny 18th Feb 1881 aged 42 yrs

Huge stone on a little 'island' of grass right in the centre of graveyard with about 7 other stones (not Mutch's though) - quite decorative with 2 types of stone and 'spindles' carved up the side
In loving memory of James Gibb Victoria Cottage, Pitmedden, Udny who died 14th Oct 1906 aged 74 yrs also of his wife Agnes Rennie Mutch who died 30th Sept 1911 aged 73 yrs
also of their son James A. Gibb M.B.CH.B [I think this is why it might be a fancy gravstone!!] who died 9th Sep 1912 aged 36 years.

Now the more recent ones i found in the newer section of the graveyard:

In memory of Barbara Willox beloved wife of Henry Mutch died at Green of Udny 6th Jan 1937 aged 58. Also their daughter Jane died 5th Aug 1957 aged 59
Also the above Henry Mutch died 29th April 1962 aged 86
Erected by husband and family

Treasured memories of a loving husband and dad Allan G. Mutch died 26.6.47 also daughter died in infancy 5.11.45 [who ever thought of putting dates like this in 200 years who's gonna know whether it was 1845 or 1945??]
Also Elizabeth Robertson who died 2nd Nov 2004 loving wife of above loving mum and granny sadly missed.

Loving memory of William Simpson Lonnon?, Cultercullen, Udny who died 3rd April 1969 aged 70 years also ihs wife Catherine Mutch died 3rd July 1989 Aged 88 yrs.

In loving memory of William Stephen Mutch 4 Kirkhill Way, potterton died 27th Dec 1981 Aged 64 yrs dearly loved husband of Isabella Kelman.

It appears that the Mutch family were quite wealthy - their headstone are amongst the biggest in the gravyard.
Incidentally there is a business in Aberdeen called Mutch - it sells plumbing and cleaning equipment!

Anyway I hope thye are of some use - if not keep hold of them as they will prob come in useful in the future!

Regards
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline beccac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Mutch Udny 1812
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 August 06 09:48 BST (UK) »
thanks for all that info, I will have to look at y line in more detail.