Author Topic: Two Francis Maynard marriages  (Read 848 times)

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Two Francis Maynard marriages
« on: Tuesday 13 December 05 19:54 GMT (UK) »
There were two Francis Maynards who married within a couple of years of each other and I was wondering if anyone could find out who they married?

The first was Francis Thomas Maynard in Paddington in 1896, and the second was Francis James in Southwark in 1905.
Smith (Lancashire), McKenna (Ireland/Liverpool/Leyland), Maynard (Hertfordshire/London/Preston), Ricketts (Gloucestershire/Wigan/Preston), Scowcroft (Preston), Harling (N. Yorkshire/Lancashire), Willis (Preston), Clegg (Manchester/Preston), Dodd (Wigan/Cheshire), Alston (Lancashire), Hulks (Hertfordshire), Nicholson (Lancashire/Cumbria), Russell (Lancashire), Wilson (Cumbria), Bracewell (Lancashire), Moxham (Lancashire0

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline calmar

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Two Francis Maynard marriages
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 December 05 22:30 GMT (UK) »
There are two possibilities for Francis Thomas Maynard married 1896 in Paddington.They are Rosamund VJ Chapuisar or Florence De Renzi. As they both give the same reference, Vol 1a Page 57, you would have to send for the marriage certificate. You could ask the people at GRO when you order to only send you the certificate for the person whose father's name you definitely know, to eliminate the other one. :)

Francis James Maynard could have married either Elizabeth Bibbey or Rose Lilian Lee. Vol 1d Page 323.

On 1901 Cenus there are quite a lot of Florence Maynards but no Rosamund Maynard.

Do you know their approximate age. If so, I would ask for a look up for 1901 census for Frances Thomas Maynard to find who he married.

Calmar
 :D
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright from www.NationalArchives.gov.uk
Brown, Limerick
Woodruff, Glossop, Dover Kent, Sheffield
Winterbottom, Sheffield
Gledhill, Halifax and Sheffield
Wright, Derbyshire/Sheffield
Swift, Lincolnshire, Sheffield
Poole, Stoke Edith, Hereford
Cowham, Lincolnshire and Sheffield
Ibbotson, Sheffield