Author Topic: DAWE - Linkinhorne, and area between Launeston & Liskeard  (Read 3201 times)

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
DAWE - Linkinhorne, and area between Launeston & Liskeard
« on: Thursday 09 September 04 18:07 BST (UK) »
The DAWE line I've researched has been mostly from this area.  I believe they were miners.  The earliest year I have is 1816; possibly the father before.  The family left for Yorkshire about 1875.   They lived there 10-15 years before emigrating to Ontario, CAN.  About 1919, they emigrated to Detroit, MI, USA.   I'm trying to go back further than 1816, but am having trouble verifying who and when because there's not much in the way of data or records.  Does anyone have any suggestions? - RedFox

CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz

Offline slightlyfoxed

• RootsChat Senior
  • the Searcher
    • View Profile
Re: DAWE - Linkinhorne, and area between Launeston & Liskeard
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 October 04 13:36 BST (UK) »
have you tried the Linkinhorn and Lyner  parish website it has extensive information

http://www.lynherparishes.co.uk/
Pomeroy in London & Liverpool , Pomery near Launceston Cornwall, Shearer of Thurso, Moore in Colchester and Hornblow in Braintree Essex, Machin in Hackney & Stafford & Cook in Herts, Campbell, Sutherland, Mackay, Brotchie, Gunn in Thurso Caithness. Cadle in South Africa.

researching the Pomeroy Family of Collaton in Newton Ferrers and St Columb in Cornwall

Offline RedFox

• RootsChat Member
  • One of Many Family Lines
    • View Profile
Re: DAWE - Linkinhorne, and area between Launeston & Liskeard
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 November 04 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Actually, the Lynher Parish lists are like a bible to me.  The data there has helped me tremendously.   I found that out when I first started last year with the DAWE line (Cornwall).   I still refer to the lists, although, usually I'm working on Cumberland and Yorkshire now.  Have even spent some time in German (B-W) research and a lot of time on the US families.  Both Yorkshire/Cornwall and Cumberland people came to the US; Cumberland in the mid-1880's, and Yorkshire/Cornwall at the turn of the century through Canada.  My grandfather's family came from the East in the 1770's and in Scotland before that.  My son's paternal grandmother's lines (in the East in the 1770's) and from Germany or Holland all came to the US and settled in Michigan. 
CUMLD: Davidson, Robson, Atkinson, Blackburn,  Wilkinson, Mumberson, Milburn
CRNWL:  Dawe, Bawden, Leming
CHES: Heginbotham
YRK:  Dawe, Jackson, Ranson, Leming
LANC:  Dawe, Harris, Thomas, Bellamy or Billany, Bayliff, Madsen
EAST SSX:  Etchingham - Woolgar
SCT: RXB-Robson, REN & LNK-Lisle/Lyle/Leill, Taylor, Masson
WALES: Dawe
USA:  MI - Dawe, Stringer, Lisle, Robson, Davidson, Mills, Handy, Betzner, Leeper, Fankboner, Ross, Lyle
IRE: Bell, Prestley/Priestley
GER: Wuerttemberg - Betz