Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 3214 times)

Offline ricky1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
Help Needed
« on: Saturday 17 December 05 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Trying to find the deaths of James Jeffery born 1858 Kirtling and Susan Jeffery ( nee Carter ) born 1858 Cambridge. Most likely living in Kirtling,all their children were born in Kirtling so I guess thats where they might have died.Any info on the above couple would be appreciated
Thankyou for looking
ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 December 05 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ricky1

You don't say WHEN??

I assume you have them on censuses, but what is the latest reference to them that you have?

If after the 1901 census, freebmd is unlikely to have them.  You might have to use a payable site - although there are offers on Rootschat at the moment, if you can narrow down the date range a bit.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 December 05 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Ricky

They are on 1901 census, James 44 & Susan 43 under name of JEFFREY (as used on 1891 census) Children are as follows. Annie 1881, Alice 1883, Agnes 1885, Emily 1887, Elizabeth 1890, John 1892, Joseph 1894, Herbert 1896, Arthur 1894.

Living in UpEnd street cottage, Kirtling, Cambs

regards John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed Jeffrey of Kirtling
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 December 05 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Ricky

If you've not checked this out - there's 2 people with both James Jeffrey & Susan Carter born Kirtling Cambs in their tree on Genes Reunited . their names are Fred & Frances - maybe they can help you.

(neither of these are you under another name - are they ?)

regards John
Clement - Croydon

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 December 05 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi JohnP
Thank for the info. We have got that.We have been to the records office in Cambridge and they have not got the death details of them . There records only go so far for Kirtling. The local vicar has the parish records that we want o look at, but is not very cooperative about letting us search them.We have phoned her on a couple of occasion's and e-mailed her, but no response. I went on Genes Reunited a couple of years ago and found it was a waste of time
Thanks for your help
Ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Harby,Garton,Drury,Duncombe,Booth,Catton,Barker, Kirkby, Wilson. Lincolnshire, <br />Also Murkin's, Jeffery,Pettitt,Carter, from Suffolk/Cambridgeshire boarder<br />Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 18 December 05 12:26 GMT (UK) »
Ricky,

GenesReunited is worth considering as it's changing all the time - I will get messages every so often from people who are connected to me either directly or distantly - they can only make these connections once they have discovered all the relevant info from their end and found you match up at some point along the branch!  Two years ago, I'm sure you didn't have all the history on your family that you do today - I know I didn't!

Regards, Emma ;)
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 18 December 05 12:40 GMT (UK) »
Ricky,  Genes Reunited is worth considering despite what you've experienced in the past. I have had good contacts from members regarding my tree.

On you behalf - I have sent off messages to the contacts I mentioned earlier.
I'll let you know if anything turns up !

John 
Clement - Croydon

Offline ricky1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 18 December 05 13:58 GMT (UK) »
 :)Hi Emma and JohnP thanks for the reply . I will have another look at Genes Reunited . and thanks for doing that JohnP. its my wifes side of the family.
Thankyou both for the reply
Ricky
Ricky (1954 - 2010)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 19 December 05 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Ricky

I had replies from both Fred & Frances - neither of them can tell me James or Susan Jeffrey's date/year of death.  I'll leave it to you if you want to pursue this through Genes Reunited. 

regards John
Clement - Croydon