Author Topic: 1841 census Huntingdon: RICHFORD  (Read 734 times)

Offline KJ2005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1841 census Huntingdon: RICHFORD
« on: Saturday 17 December 05 21:36 GMT (UK) »
I would be extremely grateful if anyone has access to the 1841 census covering Huntingdon if they could check out Anna Maria RICHFORD to confirm whether she was born out of the county and her approximate age. 

Many thanks
Kevin
RICHFORD - one name study - with specific interests in Kent (Deptford) and Middlesex (The Tower Hamlets).
JENNINGS - from Little Chart/High Halden/Biddenden/Deptford Kent
other names include: BARHAM (Kent), LYMER (Staffs), PAULDEN (Manchester -London), SPIKE (Deptford, Kent), POPKIN(S) (Deptford, Kent) to name a few.
Also interested in Deptford (Kent) and the associated Naval dockyard.

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census Huntingdon: RICHFORD
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 December 05 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kevin

There are 4 parishes in the unindexed Huntingdon CDRom set and quite a few not very distinct census pages. Do you have a bit more information? Approx age, whether married and if not, parents? Children etc. Anything which might narrow it down or make it easier to pick her up.

Do you have her in 1851 or subsequent censuses?

Regards

David

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 December 05 14:41 GMT (UK) »
HO 107/455/3  - Huntingdon St. John
Sch, 17, Page 28
High Street

Anna RICHFORD - 50 - independant - not born in county
Elizabeth BLOWS - 45 - ind. - nbic
Isabella BOLTON - 25 - female servant

:D :D
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KJ2005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 18 December 05 16:20 GMT (UK) »
David many thanks for taking a look and suffolk suepip for tracking down the entry. 

The plot thickens...... I have her death cert for 1843 (hence no joy for 1851) but that doesn't give her age and if the 1841 census is to believed, (even allowing for rounding up/down) it doesn't tie in with my assumptions that she was born before 1767 ( the date I think her likely father died naming her as a child). Its looking like something is wrong here - have I got the right Anna Maria (named in full on death cert)?  More to do.....

Many thanks
Kevin
RICHFORD - one name study - with specific interests in Kent (Deptford) and Middlesex (The Tower Hamlets).
other names include: BARHAM (Kent), LYMER (Staffs), PAULDEN (Manchester -London), SPIKE (Deptford, Kent), POPKIN(S) (Deptford, Kent) to name a few.

Offline KJ2005

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 December 05 16:22 GMT (UK) »
David many thanks for taking a look and suffolk suepip for tracking down the entry. 

The plot thickens...... I have her death cert for 1843 (hence no joy for 1851) but that doesn't give her age and if the 1841 census is to believed, (even allowing for rounding up/down) it doesn't tie in with my assumptions that she was born before 1767 ( the date I think her likely father died naming her as a child beneficiary in his will). Its looking like something is wrong here - have I got the right Anna Maria (named in full on death cert)?  More to do.....

Many thanks
Kevin