Author Topic: llangelynnin bishop's transcripts please  (Read 1259 times)

Offline jere

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
llangelynnin bishop's transcripts please
« on: Monday 02 January 06 20:17 GMT (UK) »
please can some one do a look up of the bishop's transcript for llangelynin please. i am trying to trace my 4x  grandfatherhis name was david jones 1851 census says born in celynin mer. he was aged 44 in 1851 and in 1841 census his age was 30 but i'm not sure when they rounded the ages up and down.
david married a margaret roberts margaret was from llanenddwyn i dont know if you have bishop's transcript for llanenddwyn aswell margarets fathers name was william roberts margarets age in 1851 was 41 and in 1841 census her age was 30? thier first born was john jonesaged 5 in 1841 census in llanenddwyn so i am assuming they were married within a year of son being born?
i am after the marriage date and place fathers name of david and the years they were born (margaret and david). i know it is a big ask  and i appreciate any help anyone can give me.
  regards jere. ???
jeremiah monmouth,jones,roberts  llanddwywe-is-y-graig,jones llanaber,williams llanidloes,tucker wiltshire,jones merioneth, jones machen, hughes tredegar, herbert montana u.s.a.

Offline Dolgellau

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: llangelynnin bishop's transcripts please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 04:52 GMT (UK) »
There are no David Jones, recorded in Llangelynnin between 1816 & 1818 (the dates most likely from the 1851 census. Patronymic surnames were still being used in Celynnin at this time, but there are no David son of John recorded either.

There is one David son of Evan (Evan / Ifan being a Welsh version of John). However he is one of the few in the BT's who has a surname noted (to show him as the exception rather than the rule)

20th Mar 1818 David Owen son of Evan & Eleanor Owen of Bont, farmer.

There is no marriage recorded between a David Jones and a Margaret Roberts in either Llangelynnin or Llanenddwyn Parishes in the Merioneth Marriage index for 1813 - 1837

Offline jere

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: llangelynnin bishop's transcripts please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 13:17 GMT (UK) »
thank you very much for taking the time to try and help me.
 thanx again happy new year jere.
jeremiah monmouth,jones,roberts  llanddwywe-is-y-graig,jones llanaber,williams llanidloes,tucker wiltshire,jones merioneth, jones machen, hughes tredegar, herbert montana u.s.a.