Author Topic: The 9th Marquessate  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Darcy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Searching for little needles in big haystacks
    • View Profile
Re: The 9th Marquessate
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 January 06 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Congratulations Ticker. I'm sure the fluffy slippers will suit you a treat.
                            ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You've come a long way from the " Hairy Bob's Cave days". ;D

Darcy ;)
Fisher, Pitts, Lucas, Emmit, Keal, Bennett, Maddock, Jackson, Pidd, Lincolnshire <br />Bullock, Read, White, Gloucestershire.<br />Shepherd, Foyle, Crowter, Green, Wiltshire<br />Strickland, Fisher, Butterworth, Brown, Northhamptonshire<br />Shepherd, Bullock, Waterhouse, Lancashire
Fisher, Goodwin, Rutland
<br /><br /><br /> Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 January 06 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes Green fluffy slippers (Irish ones) with little Leprechaun's on the front, and instead of a crown, a felt hat with a large buckle on the front with a diamond in the middle.

Well done Ticker.

Love
Su xxx
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline 'Tricia

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edith Gent Bowskill
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 January 06 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant Stuff!!

Well done

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Tricia
Census transcriptions are Crown Copyright from www.NationalArchives.gov.uk
Nottinghamshire,Bulwell: Bowskill, Everley, Gent, Haywood, Houghton, Wilkinson.
Nottinghamshire, Mansfield:- Baxter
Buckinghamshire: Charlesworth, Fowler
Derbyshire:Brimington:- Adams, Baxter
London: Bird, Charlesworth, Coleman, Desmoulins, Everard, Jarman, Quinton, Richards
Italy: Gioffredi

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hei Ticker

Many Congratulations.

May your good work continue for many years.

All the Best, Christopher 

Hei there you great guys and gals
We at RootsChat are all good pals

Lets give Ticker THREE CHEERS
And toast his health with good beers.

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Welcome among the Marquessates, Ticker   8)  8)  :)  

(first time I try this moving text out - hope it works)

Tanja  :)

Oh, and don't worry about the fluffy slippers - you can actually just pretend you wear them and keep your old sneakers on.  
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ridban

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 21:42 GMT (UK) »
As a mere extra with only two stars, I am curious as to how you reach the dizzy heights of marquessate?? I looked up the star system, and as I understood it, six stars makes you an aristocrat, and you get seven if you are a moderator. But there was no mention of how you get to be a marquessate??? Do I have to sleep with the director???

P.S. I do hope that doesn't offend anyone. It was meant as a light hearted joke only.

Linda (after a couple of glasses of wine)

Offline ridban

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 22:06 GMT (UK) »
This may be injudicious, considering I have already felt the necessity to apologise for making what might possibly be considered as a joke in bad taste by some people, but.....

Why are postings to the Lighter Side and the Even lighter Side not aggregated towards one's postings?? It doesn't seem fair.  If all my postings of (possibly) questionable taste  were taken into account, I might  be able to make marquessate on my own merits, rather than having to sleep with the director.

Oh please don't be offended by my levity.

Linda

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Linda

How do you think we all got ours?  The Director just didn't fancy Al!!

;D ;D
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 15:54 GMT (UK) »
This may be injudicious, considering I have already felt the necessity to apologise for making what might possibly be considered as a joke in bad taste by some people, but.....

Why are postings to the Lighter Side and the Even lighter Side not aggregated towards one's postings?? It doesn't seem fair.  If all my postings of (possibly) questionable taste  were taken into account, I might  be able to make marquessate on my own merits, rather than having to sleep with the director.

Oh please don't be offended by my levity.

Linda

Gee I am but a mere Aristocrat. I was seriously thinking of posting many more messages in order that I may become a Marquessate.

Linda, you have stopped me in my tracks. Could SKS (The uninitiated may like to know this is not a bunch of mercenaries known as the Special Killing Squadron. SKS is an acronym for Some Kind Soul) please explain how one gets to  be a Director around here. Linda, how do you know the Director at RootsChat sleeps with anyone? Oh please someone let me know how to become a Director. The job sounds such fun. It might mean I would cease to appear during the wee small hours or even 6.00gmt in the Chatterbox and there would no longer be the opportunity for people to ask me the question "Chris are you early or late?" I would instead, when that hour came round each morning, be sleeping peacefully with someone.

All the Best,

Christopher