Author Topic: Wound Badge  (Read 3678 times)

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Wound Badge
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 19:38 GMT (UK) »
I have the MIC sheet for both of these men and I believe that they MUST be 2 different men. I tried to send it to you but the file is too big for Rootschat. I also have the entry on the medal roll but that is too big also. I'll cut them down and send in a couple of mins
Wait out
McGrath; Charters; Fenner; O'Hara; Carleton; Sloan; Tobergill Street; Cambria Street; Ghent Street

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 21:19 GMT (UK) »
I have lost the complete MIC  that I paid for last night, D'Oh!
McGrath; Charters; Fenner; O'Hara; Carleton; Sloan; Tobergill Street; Cambria Street; Ghent Street

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
What is it??
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Can anyone tell me what the marking is on this MIC up near the regimental title on the top left. It is an X with a dot is each of the cross bits
Thanks
Bob

Offline Kevwood

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • my little man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 22:26 GMT (UK) »
Bob, there is probably another cross next to a rank on the card, i am pretty sure he had  different regiments on his medals, so the cross next to the rank(if there is one) is the medal he earned with that regiment, or it may be next to a medal to indicate the same.

Kev.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

wood,west,williams,morgan,sollars,hawker,snell,roach,clark,symons. In bristol,fremington,instow,rhymney,colyton

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 January 06 22:52 GMT (UK) »
THANKS! If you knew how long I have been trying to find that out and it is so simple when explained Yippee
Bob

Offline OldBraggs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 07:41 GMT (UK) »
Just a small point. It is the Silver War Badge and not Wound Badge. The badge was also issued for discharge on medical grounds. There were cases of men being discharged as unfit without ever leaving the UK and these men only received a SWB.

Steve
Cheltenham. The Gloucestershire Regiment.
Military History. Medal collector.

Offline Bob2399

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Steve. That clears up a few points that I have wondered about and explains a few other thngs
Great
Thanks again
Bob