Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!!!!  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Kimi

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
PLEASE HELP!!!!
« on: Wednesday 15 September 04 20:50 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a  Joseph John Ryder b. 1872. Last heard of in the 1891 census living with his family.  I can't find a death or marriage record for him and he's not on the 1901 census so it's possible he went abroad, either to live or he may have joined the Army.  I have been searching fo him for a while now but have had no luck and run out of places to look  Has anyone any ideas of where I can look?

Many Many Many thanks in anticipation :-*

Kimi
Ryder- Limehouse/Canning Town.
Couley- Limehouse. 
Hogben- Canning Town/Kent
Richbell- Kent.
Davies - Lancashire
Lester - Berkshire

Offline leo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 September 04 23:36 BST (UK) »
See if you can locate him on the 1881 and 1891 census.  If the date of birth is correct he should be around 10 on the 1881 and 19/20 on 1891. 

If you think he joined the army and he was in this country in the 1891 and 1901 census you'd be better off doing a blanket search, the army had bases in certain areas usually south england.

Perhaps have a look in the army indices for marriages as he may have got married abroad.

Have you got his birth certificate or definate proof of where he was born as people do lie, or in the case of my grandfather he didn't know he was born in Malta!

Here's hoping you find something out after all that searching.   ::)

Offline Juszach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 October 04 13:23 BST (UK) »
Kimi,
More information is needed to help you. Where was Joseph born? You mentioned finding him on the 1891 census. Where? With more information I can will try to help you further
:-) Snashall, Stunt, Field, Mann, Jones, Myrick, Ballard, Cribbs,

Offline Kimi

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 October 04 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Juszach,

Sorry for not replying earlier but I've only just found your reply.  Joseph John Ryder was born in 1872 in Limehouse East London.  I have him on 1881 and 1891 census at both times living with his family, a stone's throw from where he was born.  After that, he disappears. ALthough I think he did, I can't find any other info on him at all.  I have tried the 1901 census many times with variation of spelling, only using his middle name etc. but I just can't find him.  Nor can I find any marriage ir death record for him.   I haven't got his birth certificate but I have a record of his baptism.  I have, however managed to find all his siblings and his parents from birth to death.

Thank You
Kimi
Ryder- Limehouse/Canning Town.
Couley- Limehouse. 
Hogben- Canning Town/Kent
Richbell- Kent.
Davies - Lancashire
Lester - Berkshire