Author Topic: 1851 wales census  (Read 2645 times)

Offline bel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851 wales census
« on: Thursday 12 January 06 14:06 GMT (UK) »
 :)Trying to find Sarah Pugh  dob 1842 langanock Carmarthen.....going around in circles  ..any help anywhere. ?perlease!  Bel.

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 wales census
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 January 06 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Bel never heard of Llanganock do you mean Llangadock(Llangadog) ? thats the nearest spelling to that i can come up with let me know and i will look for her.Best Wishes Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline bel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 January 06 14:47 GMT (UK) »
 :)To Welsh lady...had trouble getting to read your message...so sorry for the delay in replying...your spelling  of llanganock is the right one ....please help! ...Bel

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 April 06 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Bel

Are you still looking for this information?

I think you have agreed with Welshlady that Llangadog is the spelling you are after?  Do you know any other details of the family that might help confirm the census results?

kind regards, Arrnaroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline bel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 April 06 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi..Yes I am.,Sarah Wardjon dob 1842...no idea who her parents were,she must be on the l851 census somewhere in darkest Wales ! Perhaps ...I am not looking in the right place.Any help much appreciated ! Cheers bel :)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 April 06 12:40 BST (UK) »
The only Sarah PUGHs of about the right age in Carmarthenshire were born in Llandingat and Llanedy.

It will not be possible to distinguish between them without knowing your Sarah's parents' names.

Have you looked for a marriage for her?  At least that should give her father's name and occupation.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

p.s. not sure what the Wardjon bit is, but there are no Sarah's with that name at all!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline bel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 19:14 BST (UK) »
I found a marriages between Josiah  and Sarah elizabeth wardjon in 1872..On the census  1881 her place of birth was langanock ? carmarthenshire...so I   was hoping  I coould find her birth records to get her parents names. Sarah Pugh was a bit of a red herring  I think..thank you for your input ! cheers bel ;)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 19:21 BST (UK) »
So are we looking for a Sarah WARDJON in 1851?

Just want to be clear before setting out!

;)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 19:26 BST (UK) »
No suitable Sarah WARDJON.

I think you would be best advised to get a birth cert for one of the childre, which would give the mother's maiden name.

There is a Sarah JOHN b Llangunnock, but she is 10 years too old, so even that draws a blank.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)