Author Topic: Marriage dilema  (Read 1816 times)

Offline paulb1

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage dilema
« on: Thursday 19 January 06 00:35 GMT (UK) »
If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I can not seem to find a marriage between Henry (Harry) Smith and Emmaline Constance Elizabeth Coldicott (My Great Great Grand Parents). I presume around 1885-1890. I have found the couple on the 1891 census in Birmingham with first child Bernard Frederick. Henry born in Birmingham and Emmaline in Staffordshire.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage dilema
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 January 06 00:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If you have only looked on freebmd - this is an incomplete website.

The FULL BMD index is now available to search free of charge at www.ancestry.co.uk.  Copy certificates can be obtained online at www.gro.gov.uk

You need to look at least 2 years before their first living child was born - there may have been others who died in infancy
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline paulb1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 January 06 23:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Yes I have recently found the entry that I needed. Unfortunately a transcription error was involved. I have been using a pay site that has  full BMD indexes. Free BMD has been handy but I know incomplete. I have also noticed that Ancestry.co.uk has recently gone live with the complete indexes.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paul.

Offline pjbk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage dilema (Emmaline Coldicott)
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 May 11 21:06 BST (UK) »
I'd be interested in what you found, because I too haven't foudn their marrige.  Emmaline Coldicott (who I have as Emma Coldicott) is a descendant of Underhill Coldicott, whose descendants I have been tracing for about 15 years (he is my 5*great grandfather)
She was the daughter of Frecerick Henry Coldicott and Elizabeth Jones, born 26 December 1861

Any information you are prepared to share on Harry and Emmaline' sdexcendants would be most welcome to me

Best wishes

Peter King
Descendants of Underhill Coldicott, 1715-1776, Ilmington, Warwickshire - now scattered all over the world

Offline StefanD99

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 March 20 06:10 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning, Peter.
I know I am responding to an old post, but if you, or anybody else with an interest, should see this, I too am (very distantly) related to the Coldicott's of Birmingham and Ilmington.
I have a George Coldicott of St. Martin's, B'ham b.1754 d.1814 marrying a Mary Spires of Ilmington b.1760 in Warwick 7 Oct 1787 They went on to raise a family in Ilmington; Fanny, William, Jane, Lucy.
Stefan
Oh! What a tangled web we perceive,
where ancestors try to hide and deceive.

Offline Guy Etchells

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 14 March 20 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Yes I have recently found the entry that I needed. Unfortunately a transcription error was involved. I have been using a pay site that has  full BMD indexes. Free BMD has been handy but I know incomplete. I have also noticed that Ancestry.co.uk has recently gone live with the complete indexes.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Paul.

I would use FreeBMD before using Ancestry, I have just checked Ancestry for a birth I have a certificate for and FreeBMD search results for. I have tried every combination of details I can think of and Ancestry returns no results each time.

This may be a one off instance but knowing Ancestry's record on accuracy I doubt it.

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.