Author Topic: 1841 lookup Southwark - BOWBRICK  (Read 16857 times)

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 lookup Southwark - BOWBRICK
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 October 09 07:53 BST (UK) »

Hi Elizabeth, 

Would love to hear from you,  i am related through Jane Flisher  Henry's wife....

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline elizabeth147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 October 09 15:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,my direct line is the Bowbrick family,but Jane Flisher was my great-greatgrandmother,i was lucky enough to have a lot of contact on Genes Reunited with the Flisher family so have been able to get plenty of information.Also my father had a lot of original papers for my grandfather and greatgrandfather.It would be great to hear more from you ,if there is anything i can tell you that may help then let me know also hopefully you may have some info that i don't have, look forward to hearing from you,Best Regards Elizabeth.

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 02 October 09 19:44 BST (UK) »
So far I have the following information:

John BOWBRICK m Hannah (possibly 28/01/1805 Hannah LOWMAN born in Bristol)
Children were:
Mary Ann bapt 21/09/1806
Hannah b 15/06/1810 m Samuel SKEATS
Jane b 18/05/1812
John b c1816 m Maria. Hat dyer in 1841 census
James b c1823
Eliza b 09/11/1826
Henry b 21/06/1829 d 1899 m 14/08/1853 Jane Hannah KIDDELL
William b 27/11/1831 m Elizabeth CRISPIN

John and Maria's children were:
John b c1837
Eliza b c1839

Henry and Jane's children were:
Hannah b c1861
Alice b c1864
Louisa b c1873

William and Elizabeth's children were:
Eliza b c1850
Ellen b 02/09/1852 d 17/02/1918 m 19/09/1870 Charles William BASFORD
George b c1860 m Maria
William Robert b 13/02/1866 m Emily

I ran into difficulties with Henry and Jane before concluding that there were two couples. I don't yet have a definite connection with Jane FLISHER.

All the best
Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline elizabeth147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 02 October 09 19:52 BST (UK) »
Hi again Daizi,just to update on Henry 1815,since i last came on here i have confirmed that my G,G,Greatgrandfather Thomas did marry Sarah Charman on 25/3/1801 inCranley Surrey,also Henry had at least one sibling he was Thomas William,born 27/8/1811, he married Martha Ann James on 21/10/1833 in Isleworth. I am not sure of our connection but even if it is not a close enough connection for you it may help someone else,look forward to hearing from you ,Best Regards Elizabeth

Offline elizabeth147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 02 October 09 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Phillip,This is definitely a different line,possible cousins maybe,Henry John Bowbrick born 1815 married Jane Flisher ,their oldest son Henry John born 1838, my great grandfather married Mary Ann Sullivan,this Henry served in the royal navy,of the several ships he served on 2 of them were H.M.S.Warrior and also the Victory.We have the original ships papers,then their oldest son again Henry John born1865 married a widow Alice Atkins in 1894,he served in the army and the navy and lived all of his life in Portsmouth. My next research is hopefully to find out a bit more about Thomas and Sarah as i have no date of birth for them or their parents history,Regards Elizabeth.

Offline andy28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 April 10 09:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Philip & Elizabeth,
I have been tracing my ancestry on the Bowbrick lineand recently came across your notes.
Henry John Bowbrick who married Jane Flisher were my GGG Grandparents, my GG Grandfather Thomas Joseph Wilson married Sarah Edwards Bowbrick whose father and mother were Henry John and Jane.
I would be very interested in sharing any information. I recently found information on Henry Bowbrick serving in the Royal Navy on HMS Warrior who was the older brother of Sarah which again confirms the link between us.
Look forward to hearing from you both
Regards
Andy

Offline elizabeth147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 April 10 13:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy 28,
Great to hear from you, can you tell me when Sarah Edwards Bowbrick was born, as i have a Sarah as the grand-daughter of Henry and Jane Bowbrick .
Although I have the names of 8 children being born to Jane and Henry , I don't have a Sarah. If you could let me know the date I'll check and get back to you.
Best regards Elizabeth

Offline andy28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 April 10 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabeth,
Sarah Edwards Bowbrick was 22 when she was married on 4th May 1874 so she was born 1852, she was married in the parish church of Cheriton and lived in Sandgate, Kent.
On the marriage certificate her father was Henry John Bowbrick whose profession was clerk.
I do not have a copy of her birth certificate at this point.
If you have any further info that would be great.
Regards
Andy

Offline elizabeth147

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 April 10 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy, Your info on Sarah is obviously right so that is another name to add to my list. My direct line on my paternal side is Bowbrick so i am lucky enough to have some original certificates,so the majority of my info is pretty good, anyway here goes, i will start as far back on my line as i have got , i may have to do it in a couple of stages ,but then you may already have some of this.
Thomas Bowbrick married Sarah Charman 25 March 1801 in Cranley Surrey, no dates of birth for these two at the moment, only children i have are Thomas William b 27/8/1811, christened 12/2/1812 at St George the Matyr. Henry John born 2/2/1815 born Camberwell Surrey, christened 28/9/1828 at St Giles Camberwell.Thomas married Martha Ann James on 21/10/1833 in Isleworth.
Henry married Jane Flisher on25/2/1837,I have a copy of their marrage cert.On the Flisher line i have got back to 1640 so if at a later date you want anything on that line i do have quite a bit.Henry and Jane's children are ,
Henry John 29/11/1838, b Rainham, Ann 1840 b Rainham, William 9/10/1841 b Shoreditch, Edward Charles 25/3/1843 b Camberwell, Stephen 1845 b Sandgate, George 1846 b Sandgate, Esther 1848 b Sandgate, I have just found Sarah on my list no date of birth only a christening date which is 7/12/1851 ? Also i have Jane baptised 9/10/1835, who was the oldest of Henry/Jane children. If you want me to carry on down the line with Henry John's marriage let me know best regards Elizabeth