Author Topic: Long shot query  (Read 5766 times)

Offline Swift5

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Long shot query
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 March 04 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Gill

Thanks again.  It had occurred to me that they might not have married in England or Wales, but I'm not sure about asking Southport.  I used the fiche of the St Catherines Index that the LDS has, and there was no sign of a marriage involving an Edith Louisa Williams from 1920 to 1950 - at which time she would have been 44 or 45.  Quite a few involving a John Davies, but no corresponding entry for her.  

Given that she was born and died in Bangor I'd have thought that she'd have married there, but people were moving around a lot more then, so entirely possible that she didn't.  Richard Williams, her father, died in 1913 so she might well have moved away.  Any more ideas would be more than welcome. Thanks again!!!
Don't have one yet.

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re:Long shot query
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 March 04 15:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thanks for your reply

One thing that did occur to me....I wonder if they didn't actually marry but lived as man and wife? It was really quite common. These ancestors!!!!
Gill
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales