Author Topic: 1841 Morgans/ Llanybydder  (Read 859 times)

Offline MEN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1841 Morgans/ Llanybydder
« on: Sunday 22 January 06 17:58 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find my Great Grandmother's parents and siblings. Her name was Mary Morgans and I have found her and her siblings in the 1851 census living with
John Davies,42 (Head)
Sarah Davies 50 (Wife)
as their step children.
They are farming at LLettynwynde Farm, Llanybydder
If anyone is able to find this family on the 1841 census, I shall be really grateful.
MEN

Offline welsh lady

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Morgans/ Llanybydder
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 January 06 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Men they are at the Farm in 1841 John Davies/30/Farmer/N./Sarah Davies/40/Y/Anne/15/Y.David/14/Y/Mary/10/Y.Thomas/9/Y.Evan/7/Y/.John/5/Y.Sarah/3/Y.Morgan/1/Y.All children down as Davies.However Carms Archives have Llanybydder and Llandeilo Title Deeds ref no Gb0211  Morgan Morgans of Llettyllwynde died in 1840 his daughter Sarah married John Davies who went on to farm there.Should imagine youll have a lot more info from them.Best Wishes Welsh Lady
This information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Amor/Amer-Bromham Wiltshire,Hertfordshire,Suffolk.
Pyett-Suffolk
Wolfenden-Cambridgeshire,Huntingdonshire
Bird,Nash-Essex.
Anderson,-London.Bethnal Green,Shoreditch,Hackney
King-,Uxbridge,Shoreditch,Bethnal Green
Edwards,Roberts,Lane,Price,Williams-Llanelli.
Roberts-Pembroke Dock

Offline MEN

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Morgans/ Llanybydder
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 January 06 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Welsh Lady,
 I really appreciate the info. Many thanks. I'm still unsure who was the father of these step children (Anne,David,Mary,Thomas, etc. ) Could  Sarah have been Morgan Morgans wife, rather than his daughter, I wonder? ( thus making John Davies her 2nd husband).  I can't think of any other explanation for the childrens' surnames to be Morgans  (In every other census they have the name Morgans)
I shall certainly attempt to find further information from Carms archives when I visit the area again.
MEN